Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[Announce] Howto install Open-Xchange for SME

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2005, 11:33:01 AM »
Thanks Tib. I'll have a look at this and see what happens if I install the mods.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

riffai

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2006, 06:22:55 PM »
Hello all,

First i would like to say THANKS for all the great people here on this board who have taught me so much and helped me resolve so many issues with SME.

I have SME 6.5RC1 installed + AV + spam + Horde 3 upgrade contribs. I recently installed OPenXchange using Vincent's easy to follow howto. Everything seemed to go fine except i cannot log on through the OX terminal, i get an 'ERROR: Authentification failed'. I tried using the default post-install user=password, also reset user passwords from SME server-manager, and created a new user using 'adduser_ox', all to no avail. I also added a user through the server-manager and the user shows up in the server-manager OX config panel but no luck logging on.

I went back and reviewed the post-installation log and i found the following lines, not sure if they have anything to do with my problem.

when i ran initall_ox i got:

WARNING------WARNING------WARNING------WARNING------WARNING
This action destroy all the open-xchange database and the ldap base

if it's your first installation of open-xchange it's the first step

type <yes> or <no> : yes
build all the databases.
Stoping all

Shutting down SESSIOND [ done ]

Shutting down OX [ done ]

Shutting down OXWebmail [ done ]
Stopping : tomcatUsing CATALINA_BASE: /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/local/java
Created MBeanServer with ID: 4413ee:1088efda943:-8000:server.mydomain.com:1

Stopping slapd: [ OK ]
Creating LDIF dump:
slapadd: could not parse entry (line=6)
Starting slapd: [ OK ]
DROP DATABASE
DROP USER
CREATE DATABASE openexchange ENCODING 'UNICODE' TEMPLATE template0;
CREATE DATABASE
You are now connected to database "openexchange" as user "postgres".
CREATE USER openexchange WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'openexchange' CREATEDB CREATEUSER;
CREATE USER
psql:/usr/local/open-xchange/share/init_database.sql:1103: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "attachments_pkey" for table "attachments"
psql:/usr/local/open-xchange/share/init_database.sql:1675: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "links_pkey" for table "links"
psql:/usr/local/open-xchange/share/init_database.sql:1758: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "syncml_principals_pkey" for table "syncml_principals"
psql:/usr/local/open-xchange/share/init_database.sql:1768: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "syncml_anchors_pkey" for table "syncml_anchors"
psql:/usr/local/open-xchange/share/init_database.sql:1778: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "syncml_ids_pkey" for table "syncml_ids"
psql:/usr/local/open-xchange/share/init_database.sql:1785: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "syncml_softdeleted_pkey" for table "syncml_softdeleted"
psql:/usr/local/open-xchange/share/init_database.sql:1804: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "syncml_datastores_pkey" for table "syncml_datastores"
psql:/usr/local/open-xchange/share/init_database.sql:1812: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "syncml_rxprefs_pkey" for table "syncml_rxprefs"
psql:/usr/local/open-xchange/share/init_database.sql:1820: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "syncml_txprefs_pkey" for table "syncml_txprefs"
psql:/usr/local/open-xchange/share/init_database.sql:1828: NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "syncml_tempguids_pkey" for table "syncml_tempguids"
/usr/local/open-xchange/share/rebuild_db.sh: exec: add_syncml_db.sh: not found
Added Group XXX to LDAP

adding all users to LDAP + SQL goes without any errors. then i run the command 'scan_users.sh' and i get

---------> recreate the ldap database.
Stopping slapd: [ OK ]
Creating LDIF dump:
sed: file /usr/local/open-xchange/share/sed.in line 5: Unknown option to 's'
Starting slapd: [ OK ]
---------> scan all the users.
Added Group XXX to LDAP

and everything else continues fine, no errors.

Does anyone know why i cannot log on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Riff

riffai

Open Xchange authentication woes
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2006, 06:33:19 PM »
Hello again,

This might have everything to do with my problems.

I noticed that on the howto page that that the contrib was for SME 6.01,
and on the actual download page - http://smeserver.free.fr/ox/ - the files are for any version of SME 6.x.

Anyone have any luck installing on 6.5RC1?

Thanks,
Riff

goodevans

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2006, 06:17:10 PM »
Hi all.

I have this installed and running on SMR 6.0.1 with the SME-Plus RPMs installed. I thought I'd share this little snippet of code that will allow the userpanel password changer to change the OX password at the same time.

Open /etc/e-smith/web/functions/userpanel-password in VI or pico or whatever, and go all the way down to the end of the file. Immediately before the line:
Code: [Select]
   system("/sbin/e-smith/signal-event", "password-modify", "${acct}") == 0
        or die ("Error occurred while modifying password for ${acct}.\n");

insert the following line:
Code: [Select]
   system('/usr/local/open-xchange/sbin/changeuserattr_ox --username="'.$acct.'" --attrib=userPassword --value="'.$newpass.'"') == 0
        or die ("Error occurred while modifying OpenXchange password for ${acct}.\n");

Now, whenever all of the prerequisites are passed for changing the user's password, the OX password will change too.

Offline steever

• +0/-0
    • Open-Sesame
Trouble with OX! Please Help
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2006, 07:42:20 AM »
Hi guys, I installed OX, and followed the information on this forum and the how to.  I am using SME v6.

I get the login screen, and can authenticate my users using it, but they are directed to a page that doesn't exist (404 error).

This is the address login is directed to http://servername.com/servlet/intranet?SITE=beforeAuth&sessionID=4b0285174e022289f72e98e6bd33d04b

Can anyone help me?  Does anyone else have this problem?
Saving the world ... one server at a time.

Offline edform

• +0/-0
    • http://www.workgroupsolutions.co.uk
Re: I have made a sme 7 version
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2006, 04:15:35 PM »
Quote from: "vinc28"
if you want to try follow this link
http://e-smith.dyndns.org/ox/ox7
save all the files in a dir and : rpm -iUvh *

The URL doesn't work. Anyone know where these files are?

Ed Form

ergozd

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2006, 04:43:32 PM »