Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Initializing hardware: storage network audio (HANG)

kozel

« on: July 23, 2005, 11:47:39 PM »
I've been using ver 6 for some time with no complaints and I'm egarly waiting for the release of ver 7.  I decided to give RC 26 a try and it installed ok; but after the 1st boot it hangs at the above line after 'starting idev'.  I disabled the built in audio from the BIOS, reinstalled and still got the same hang.  I tried a copy of CENTOS 4.1 and it did the same thing.  A search on the forums didn't reveal anything and I'm not sure it's a bug so I'm posting the question here. Any ideas?

Offline gordonr

• +0/-0
    • http://www.smeserver.com.au/
Re: Initializing hardware: storage network audio (HANG)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 12:52:30 AM »
Quote from: "kozel"
I've been using ver 6 for some time with no complaints and I'm egarly waiting for the release of ver 7.  I decided to give RC 26 a try and it installed ok; but after the 1st boot it hangs at the above line after 'starting idev'.  I disabled the built in audio from the BIOS, reinstalled and still got the same hang.  I tried a copy of CENTOS 4.1 and it did the same thing.  A search on the forums didn't reveal anything and I'm not sure it's a bug so I'm posting the question here. Any ideas?

Please post it to the bug tracker, here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=96750&atid=615772

Given that it happens in CentOS 4.1 as well, we're probably not going to be able to spend much time on it, but having the record is important.

When you log the bug, please boot single user (that should work) and then include the output of "lspci -v -v".

FTR: I had the same issue on my laptop (Fedora Core 3) after changing kernels. Removing the rhgb option from the boot parameters fixed it. I guess you're having something similar with early boot device probing.

kozel

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 09:28:58 PM »
I find the beta version has the same problem too. Can you give me the instructions on putting ver 7 into single user mode or point me to the documentation that does.

Thanks

Offline gordonr

• +0/-0
    • http://www.smeserver.com.au/
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 12:19:09 AM »
Quote from: "kozel"
I find the beta version has the same problem too. Can you give me the instructions on putting ver 7 into single user mode or point me to the documentation that does.

Press 'a' when the grub menu (Penguin) is displayed.

Type ' single' and press <ENTER>

xray1977

Problem solved
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 11:06:18 PM »
I had somewhat the same problem at udev (after storage audio network done..) the system froze instantly... not even listening to ctrl-alt-del.

After checking everything twice, I disconnected the DVD-Rom drive, and voila...it started correctly and passing that point normally.

Could be a hardware issue thus..