Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

"The page cannot be displayed" error during restor

Patrick Basile

"The page cannot be displayed" error during restor
« on: October 29, 2001, 12:28:41 AM »
Hello all,

Has anyone else experience the "The page cannot be displayed" error during restore/verify process on an SME V5 server?

I have tried to restore a 4.1.2 backup from the SME V5 server manager to a freshly installed SME V5 server, and get that error after a few minutes - during which it looks like there is lots of activity on the hub between the desktop machine and the SME server.

I get the same results when I try to run a verify on the 4.1.2 backup from the SME V5 server manager.  Anyone else experience this?

I'm basically trying to get my user accounts/settings/configuration/files/email over to the new server box....this is not an upgrade, but a completely new and different server box.

I appreciate your responses, thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

guestFF

Re: "The page cannot be displayed" error during re
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2001, 01:10:59 AM »
Hi,

There is a post on this subject (backup) stating this was a known issue. Although you get this page, let the machine go on until all activity has gone dead. The backup (restore) is still being performed as I understood.

Pls do a seach on backup for all dates.

Hope it helps,

RequestedDeletion

Patrick Basile

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2001, 09:44:41 PM »
H.F.,

Thanks for your response, but I have waited for all the 'activity' to stop - and it doesn't appear to make any difference.  I still get the error.  You say this is a known issue - are you talking about the browser 'time-out' issue?  I have searched through the phorums, and found a great deal about backups/restores/verify (some not working) - but none with this specific message.

If I missed the post perhaps you could give me your take on the 'fix', or someone else could chime in with ideas.  Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

guestFF

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2001, 01:43:37 AM »
Hi Patrick,

This is the thread I'm talking about....

http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=2052.msg6889#msg6889

HFW