Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

/dev/isdninfo not showing incoming calls

allsorts

« on: April 16, 2005, 02:22:19 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone have a magic incantation to persuade /dev/isdninfo to give information on incoming calls? The kernel is seeing them from the HiSax driven passive card as I get lines in /var/log/messages like:

Apr 15 17:40:55 srv1 kernel: isdn_tty: call from xxxx382692 -> 382691 ignored

When I call myself. I've tried many variations of "isdnctrl eaz ippp0" 382691 or "isdnctrl mapping HiSax 382691" etc but to no effect.

I want this information so I can show it via LCDProc on the VFD display attached to my server as a Caller ID display. So it needs to respond to calls destined for 8 different MSNs.

allsorts

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 12:38:12 AM »
No body? Oh well, is /dev/isdninfo supposed to show all incoming calls? I get the impression it is as several CallerID progs use it as the source of the calling number...

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 01:39:01 AM »
Quote from: "allsorts"
Oh well, is /dev/isdninfo supposed to show all incoming calls?

No. The only ISDN service which is set up in a non-customised system is (optionally) outbound PPP over ISDN, for an ISP connection.

allsorts

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 11:31:28 PM »
Quote from: "CharlieBrady"
Quote from: "allsorts"
Oh well, is /dev/isdninfo supposed to show all incoming calls?

No. The only ISDN service which is set up in a non-customised system is (optionally) outbound PPP over ISDN, for an ISP connection.

Well I've now got to ask how do I customise the sytem so that /dev/isdninfo sees all incoming calls (no matter type). Seems a bit silly not to have isdninfo showing all the data, when the kernel is seeing it.