Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

horde 3 update

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
horde 3 update
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2005, 07:15:46 PM »
SMTP was the setting in 6.0 - I am guessing it is because some SME servers send mail through their ISP's mail server because they're on a residential/restricted connection, and sendmail doesn't handle that?  I dont know...

I believe the vfs settings are also unchanged from 6.0 - are their other horde apps that require or work better with your settings?  Or is using mysql for this supposed to be faster/better?

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
horde 3 update
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2005, 03:14:25 AM »
Quote from: "gregswallow"
SMTP was the setting in 6.0 - I am guessing it is because some SME servers send mail through their ISP's mail server because they're on a residential/restricted connection, and sendmail doesn't handle that?

QMAILQUEUE only has effect for SMTP injected mail. So if you want virus scanning/spam checking/any other sort of filtering for webmail injected mail, it'll have to be done via SMTP.

Is there any argument for not using SMTP?

Why aren't these issues being put into the bug tracker?

bugme

horde 3 update
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2005, 06:14:35 PM »
I had a similar issue when we upgraded php from up2date.  I did a pear update-all and it fixed my problems

bugme

horde 3 update
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2005, 06:15:45 PM »
nevermind wrong thread

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
horde 3 update
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2005, 07:31:57 AM »
Quote from: "CharlieBrady"
Quote from: "gregswallow"
SMTP was the setting in 6.0 - I am guessing it is because some SME servers send mail through their ISP's mail server because they're on a residential/restricted connection, and sendmail doesn't handle that?

QMAILQUEUE only has effect for SMTP injected mail. So if you want virus scanning/spam checking/any other sort of filtering for webmail injected mail, it'll have to be done via SMTP.

Is there any argument for not using SMTP?

Why aren't these issues being put into the bug tracker?

They are not being put in the bug tracker because all I did was ask a question, not state that I found an issue.  Your above statement seems to confirm to me that the way Greg has it set up is a better way than I currently do for the adhoc script that I have put together for 6.x.  If I find an issue with the difference of the settings, then a bug will be raised.  I don't think a bug needs to be raised on discussion only items.

JB