Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

"Run fsck manually...": Please, help me someone.

qazsew

« on: April 05, 2005, 08:14:40 AM »
Hi, I run an SME 6 server since more than a year with no problems until now. It has a software raid as implemented by SME. It worked like a charm (it runs webmail and is used as a file server) but I needed to move the server, so I shut it down through the server-manager over the network. When restarting it, it runs a forced check on the root file system; at 90% is says:
"Unconnected directory inode [some number] (/VAR/SPOOL/SQUID/07/???)
Run fsck manually without -a or -p options." Then there are two alternatives: "Press control D for normal startup" and "enter password to enter shell". Control D reboots the machine but it stops as above all the same.

I don't know the first thing about this. I have looked through redhats synopsis explanation, but I know too little to make good use of it.

Please, is there a way to fix this? Can I somehow force the server to boot all the way without the file system check (after all, it has been working flawlessly)?

Much obliged for any reply
Lars

Offline crazybob

• +0/-0
    • Stalzer R&D
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 01:35:46 PM »
I have had something like this happen a couple of times. I am not sure if this is the best way, but I ran
fsck -A
, and that allowed me to fix things

Bob
If you think you know whats going on, you obviously have no idea whats going on!

qazsew

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 08:45:56 PM »
Thank you, Bob! You saved me tons of trouble!

Best regards
Lars