Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Totaly Newbie/n00b questions

60Yen

« on: February 09, 2005, 05:39:41 PM »
Hi,

I've decided to register to this forum because I have a burning question. I'm a n00b in relation to servers, so forgive my dumbness. I've managed to get the MySQL server do what I want, got a forum installed and my website working. Now, to prevent me from having to fill in information via the MySQL console, I want to sent this via a web form. I made this form but the problem is I really don't know how to script it making it protected from the outside. So I figured out that if I could make the admin folder protected via squid (is that what it is called?, it's the same way the server-manager is protected, or at least that's what I want. Does anyone know how to?

I read something about an RPM file, but I truly don't know how to load it on my server and then run it.

Thanks in advance,

Jan

djhomeless

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 11:20:04 AM »
I'm a bit confused what you are trying to do with this form. Are you trying to capture data from your web users, or from yourself?

If your simply trying to find a protected way to input data into MySQL, try installing PHPMyAdmin. This will let you do pretty much everything you can do from the command line via the web.

Geoffrey

60Yen

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 06:04:08 PM »
Sorry, I guess that was pretty confusing...

I've made a form so that I can insert information into the database. But my knowledge of PHP is not enough to script a protected admin section. So I wondered how I could protect that folder by password (Like with the server-manager).

Greetings,

Jan

djhomeless

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 09:02:18 PM »
Have you tried creating a simple .htaccess file? Simple, but it works.