Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[Announce] How to install/upgrade to Horde 3.0

dhardy

« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2005, 12:13:32 AM »
Hi there

Quote from: "hordeusr"
Gollem(file manager) also works nice.

I've set up Syncback running backups for some friends and relatives, it copies their data into their home folder by ftp, giving them an offsite backup.

However, I would like to remove the 'FTP' bit as most kids/ordinary users are just confused by the terminology and don't understand the semantics of using an FTP client to recover/manage their remote copies of files.

Hence I'm very interested in Gollem - have you got a howto (or maybe a script :-P ) to add it to Horde 3?

Cheers,

David.

deunan

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2005, 06:13:38 PM »
Quote from: "mrjhb3"
Quote from: "dswillia"
ok so no errors on a fresh install of 6.5, but when using the server-manager I get the following error "The requested URL /horde/sme/index.html was not found on this server."  I have looked and sure enough there is no index.html... did I miss something?

Regards

To fix:

<massive snips>

wget -nc mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs/jbennett/horde30/10sme.index.html

<massive snips>

JB

Dear JB

I did a fresh installation of 6.5RC1.  Installing Horde, I used the the excellent script made by you which I acquire from the 6.5 Contribs page ver May 1st.

I had the same problem as dswillia and when I saw your quick fix as quoted above, I was somewhat relieved.  when I got to the html file, turns out that it has been removed.

I supposed the script dated May 1st should not require the quick fix above and I may have done an improper installation since the quick-fix was dated way back in March.

Can you help please...

Sincere regards and thanks

DK

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2005, 03:59:51 AM »
Quote from: "deunan"

To fix:

<massive snips>

wget -nc mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs/jbennett/horde30/10sme.index.html

<massive snips>

JB

Dear JB

I did a fresh installation of 6.5RC1.  Installing Horde, I used the the excellent script made by you which I acquire from the 6.5 Contribs page ver May 1st.

I had the same problem as dswillia and when I saw your quick fix as quoted above, I was somewhat relieved.  when I got to the html file, turns out that it has been removed.

I supposed the script dated May 1st should not require the quick fix above and I may have done an improper installation since the quick-fix was dated way back in March.

Can you help please...

Sincere regards and thanks

DK

deunan,

Those file locations have changed.  The reason was that if webmail was set to just http only, then the setup panel would error out.  The new location is /home/e-smith/files/ibays/Primary/html/smehorde/.  I just re-installed my test server and the script ran fine and the 2 server-manager panels worked as well.  I have a proxy cache in front of my connection and I have found that when I have uploaded a new script, I must clear the cache to get the latest updates to work.  I will re-upload the script and update the wiki page as well.  Could you try running it again.  It should be available by the 22nd.

Dis-regard my last post.  I can't login to my contribs directory.  I'll need to check what is going on with that, after the site change.  So, you will need to copy and paste the script from the wiki page located Here

JB

Offline Brenno

• +0/-0
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2005, 10:49:02 PM »
Just installed this and loving it, but two quick questions/issues:

1.) In server-manager, the Launch Horde Web Administration button defaults to www.mydomain.com/horde/admin/setup despite my being at server-manager through local IP address.  (Since that domain isn't valid, I get a 404 error every time and have to manually retype the address.)  Is this locked into the primary domain for the server?  Can it default to append /horde/admin/setup to the end of whatever address server-manager is accessed through?

2.) In the Horde setup page, logging tab, it says "Syslog facility to use, this field is required."  I don't know what to put there and can't save the configuration until that is filled in.  Help?

Other than that, the installation on my 6.01 machine was smooth and effortless.

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2005, 03:18:12 AM »
Quote from: "Brenno"
Just installed this and loving it, but two quick questions/issues:

1.) In server-manager, the Launch Horde Web Administration button defaults to www.mydomain.com/horde/admin/setup despite my being at server-manager through local IP address.  (Since that domain isn't valid, I get a 404 error every time and have to manually retype the address.)  Is this locked into the primary domain for the server?  Can it default to append /horde/admin/setup to the end of whatever address server-manager is accessed through?

Probably.  I may look into that.  My test server is down for a while.

2.) In the Horde setup page, logging tab, it says "Syslog facility to use, this field is required."  I don't know what to put there and can't save the configuration until that is filled in.  Help?

Other than that, the installation on my 6.01 machine was smooth and effortless.

Interesting, you are getting that.  Is this from the latest script?  I remember having this issue, but had corrected it.  Put in LOG_SYSLOG.

Note:  Remember the server-manager selections are a hack made by me because I wanted to use the horde developed web manager and really didn't want to template the various conf files.  As is the accounts section in webmail.  This will be an issue when you upgrade to 6.5 or 7.0.  For 6.5, you will be taken back to horde 2 and will need to run the script again.  For 7,  you will have the horde 3 versions of horde, imp, turba.  Currently, Kronolith, mnemo, nag, and ingo are not part of the standard distro.  Greg mentioned that you may create RPM's for these and see if they can possibly be included in the standard distro.  

Just some things to think about.  

JB

Offline Brenno

• +0/-0
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2005, 04:31:25 PM »
I had downloaded the script yesterday morning from the Contribs site.

After I had botched the syslog facility entry by setting it to the email option (which resulted in an inability to log into Horde at all!) I restored to previous configuration by overwriting the conf.php file with the conf.php.bak file.  This worked.

Interestingly, this morning when I went back into Horde to enter the LOG_SYSLOG value that you had provided, it was already there.  I'm not sure then how it vanished the first time.

The only other glitches I've found:
1) it always shows the last login as "Never."  Previous version of IMP displayed this correctly.
2) Kronolith doesn't seem to indicate which calendar you're currently looking at when you choose one from the drop down menu "My Calendars".

Anyone know of a good place to get docs on these applications?  horde.org is kinda thin, and there are a lot of settings and tweaks for a newbie :)

Thanks!

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2005, 06:36:12 PM »
I had downloaded the script yesterday morning from the Contribs site.

After I had botched the syslog facility entry by setting it to the email option (which resulted in an inability to log into Horde at all!) I restored to previous configuration by overwriting the conf.php file with the conf.php.bak file.  This worked.

Interestingly, this morning when I went back into Horde to enter the LOG_SYSLOG value that you had provided, it was already there.  I'm not sure then how it vanished the first time.

The only other glitches I've found:
1) it always shows the last login as "Never."  Previous version of IMP displayed this correctly.
2) Kronolith doesn't seem to indicate which calendar you're currently looking at when you choose one from the drop down menu "My Calendars".

Anyone know of a good place to get docs on these applications?  horde.org is kinda thin, and there are a lot of settings and tweaks for a newbie :)

Thanks!

You could have also used the horde30-restore script in the root/horde30-restore directory to restore your old settings.

Here is a link for the last login stuff: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=111103499527498&w=2

The jist is this attribute is owned by horde now and not imp.  I had to manually fix mine, don't know how to write a MySQL script to change globally.

Kronolith calendars I have had to trial an error this, but I see what you mean.

JB

Offline Brenno

• +0/-0
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2005, 08:50:48 PM »
Is there any chance that the Horde upgrade would have removed a phpmyadmin install as a result of the PHP upgrade included in the script?  I used to have phpmyadmin installed on this box, and when I went to access it to do the change in the link you provided, the URL didn't work.  Now, it's not listed in my installed RPMs.

Is it safe to reinstall, or should I be looking for a newer version (old version was 2.5.0-5 from Darrel May.)

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2005, 12:21:11 AM »
Is there any chance that the Horde upgrade would have removed a phpmyadmin install as a result of the PHP upgrade included in the script?  I used to have phpmyadmin installed on this box, and when I went to access it to do the change in the link you provided, the URL didn't work.  Now, it's not listed in my installed RPMs.

Is it safe to reinstall, or should I be looking for a newer version (old version was 2.5.0-5 from Darrel May.)

AFAIK no.  When you go to access phpmyadmin, what do your logs say?  If you send me a link the the phpmyadmin rpm, I'll install it on my test box, then run the horde script and see what I can see.

JB

Offline Brenno

• +0/-0
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2005, 03:09:00 AM »
AFAIK no.  When you go to access phpmyadmin, what do your logs say?  If you send me a link the the phpmyadmin rpm, I'll install it on my test box, then run the horde script and see what I can see.

JB

K.  I'll tackle this Monday when I get back to the office with this server.  Thanks!

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2005, 11:24:27 PM »
OK, I uploaded a new version of the script.  I made the change so that the server-manager panel doesn't use the local domain name.  Also, there seems to be a problem with php accelerator running under 6.5.  It will work if a service httpd restart is issued.  Don't know the real issue there yet.  So, for 6.5 I  added an entry to /etc/rc.d/rc.local to restart httpd.
If anyone can find the real reason php accelerator doesn't run natively under 6.5, I'd appreciate an answer.  6.0x seems to run just fine without any further modifications.

JB

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2005, 04:39:35 AM »

JB

K.  I'll tackle this Monday when I get back to the office with this server.  Thanks!

I installed the phpmyadmin contrib from Darrell's contrib directory today on a 6.0 and 6.5 server.  I didn't have any issues on the 6.0 server, except needing to make sure I changed to https.  Initially, when I tried to run it under 6.5 it would not run.  So, I did an service httpd restart and then was able to get to it.  Why this works, I don't know, but it also fixes the php accelerator issue I have been having.  So, if you run the latest script, I issue a service httpd restart and also put this in the /etc/rc.d/rc.local so it gets run when the server reboots.

HTH,

JB

Offline Brenno

• +0/-0
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2005, 01:41:07 AM »
Okay.. false alarm on the phpmyadmin stuff.  After checking through my records, I realize now it was not installed at the time I upgraded Horde, so no worries there.  I removed it about 2 weeks ago and completely forgot - good thing I log that sorta stuff, huh?

Offline EdelingF

• +0/-0
How to install/upgrade to Horde 3.0 on SME6.01
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2005, 05:24:12 PM »
Most of you are talking about an upgrade to Horde 3.0 on SME6.5, but is there also an update-script for SME6.01?

Offline Brenno

• +0/-0
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2005, 07:52:51 PM »
EdelingF,

My install was on 6.01 and went quite smoothly.  I used the same script as posted in this forum.