Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

$80 USD via Paypal for Open-Xchange install

Offline jfarschman

• +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2005, 05:07:21 PM »
:-D  Count me in for testing: jay@hitechsavvy.com

I've got a test server on the latest stable 6.0.1 and a small (3 person) group of user ready do a little collaboration.

And... I'm pretty good a scripting.  Too bad I'm not a SME expert or I'd be able to help with the RPMs too.  :-D
Jay Farschman
ICQ - 60448985
jay@hitechsavvy.com

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2005, 10:22:47 PM »
Quote from: "dave_d"
So, with these thoughts in mind, any volunteers to do some testing??  If so, I'll clean up my installtion script and send it to volunteers.

I'll be happy to help - I'd suggest that you edit the wiki page I started here: http://no.longer.valid/phpwiki/index.php/Open-Xchange
(delete/change anything you want)

After you've done that, consider posting to the devinfo mailing list announcing your work, and to see if others want to help.

djhomeless

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2005, 05:11:19 PM »
You can count me in as well for testing! I'm going to build a VMware image of SME 6.01 tomorrow.

Geoffrey

dave_d

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2005, 06:17:03 PM »
Apologies to those waiting for a copy of my development script - I'm afraid that work has got in the way of development.

I'm just getting over some Perl problems - hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday should see a script that I can publish.

BTW, there'll be close on 1000 lines of code in the script.  Publishing it as text is probably not the best idea.  Anyone know where I can upload it to so that it becomes readily available?

Regards,

Dave

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2005, 06:53:07 PM »
Quote from: "dave_d"
BTW, there'll be close on 1000 lines of code in the script.  Publishing it as text is probably not the best idea.  Anyone know where I can upload it to so that it becomes readily available

On a wiki page if you enclose your script like this:
<verbatim>
Text
More text
</verbatim>
...then the wiki won't mess it up with automatic formatting.  I really think that's best for now (while people are testing it).  It's easily copied and pasted to a text file.

dave_d

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2005, 02:39:48 PM »
Hello Greg - and others!

Following Greg's suggestion, I've posted my efforts to date on the Wiki.

Good luck to anyone who wants to carry on.

I can't guarantee that the script works on a virgin SME 6.0.1-01 installation as I never got around to trying this.  However, this script worked on my much hacked about development machine (transfer spelling /syntax mistakes excluded!!)

Regards,

Dave

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2005, 07:29:02 PM »
Super job Dave!  Thanks for sharing.  You've inspired me to help a little more with this too.

bkrosco

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2005, 01:00:37 AM »
Thanks Dave!!!

I'm looking forward to trying this one out.

Damian

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2005, 09:35:39 PM »
I'm REALLY impressed with this effort and although I'm too dumb to help on the programming side, I could offer a suggestion on the dist side:
As this is such a major add-on, is it an idea to release a 6.01 ISO with OpenXchange installed and call it 6.1OX ?
Any thoughts because integrated OX takes SME into the serious corporate-bashing world (if it wasn't there already) ?
Damian

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2005, 07:05:46 PM »
Any add-on (major or minor) can cause problems when you upgrade to a newer version of SME.  If this is added on to SME 6, upgrading to SME 7 would surely cause this add-on to stop working.  Keep that in mind if you are planning to attempt this, but don't let that stop you from doing it.  

Also, I uploaded some of the files that you have to manually download from java.sun.com to my contribs directory - I heven't had time to put them in the script yet, but they are here: http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs/gswallow/open-xchange/java.sun.com/

Offline Tib

• +0/-0
    • http://www.tibors.net
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2005, 12:12:21 PM »
Has enyone got this working yet ??

I'm setting up my test server now and just wondering if there are any obsticals I should know about.

Probably halfway downloading all the parts now.

Wish me luck  :-D

Tib

Offline Tib

• +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2005, 01:19:42 PM »
Changed a line in the "Get the Postgres RPMs" section of the script ... current ftp was unreliable.

Changed
wget -c ftp://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/7.3/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/mx-2.0.3-1.i386.rpm
to
wget -c http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/cern/7.3.X/i386/RedHat/RPMS/mx-2.0.3-1.i386.rpm

after 10 reties I thought that was enough.

Should probably find a better download place for all other ftp://rpmfind location files as well ... although they finnaly down loaded except for the one I changed.

Also changed the wget -c http://mirror.open-xchange.org/download/archive/open-xchange-0.7.5.tar.gz

Old link was no longer valid

edit

Fixed up some Berkeley stuff as well ... install runs fine now.

Regards,

Tib

Offline Tib

• +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2005, 03:25:14 PM »
ok ... all went fine till I got to the Java install.

missing a heap of files ... have to continue another day it's just too late now ... got work tomorrow.

hows is everyone else doing on this ??

Tib

dave_d

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2005, 11:28:41 AM »
Hello OpenXchange enthusiasts!

Anyone got this working yet?  I see that Tib has had a bit of a go.  Anyone else tried it?

I'm afraid that I'm still up to my oxters in other work and so I won't be able to do much on this for a while.

Has anyone flagged this work up to the new Ruffdogs folk?

Regards,

Dave

Offline rcasado

• +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2005, 06:33:54 PM »
I suspect that this script will be an excellent contribution to an already rock solid platform. I’ve been a ‘lurker’ of sorts for years on this board…until now... IMO, there’s an explicit need in small business for a simple yet elegant collaboration server, and this contrib certainly fits that description.

Please Tib, keep us posted on any changes and updates made to this script. Thank you Tib and thanks to all of you who have dedicated all of their hard work!  :-)