Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

zoneminder-videomonitoring on sme 6.0.1-01 + updatescript

bovnet

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2005, 11:48:43 PM »
Chaapai awesome!!

yum install bttv was also required but hey it worked too.

My cam image is fuzzy but i reckon the rain has zapped it. I will need to check it out in the morning.

Thanks greatly Steve.

chaapai

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2005, 12:15:26 AM »
re-hello all!

"yum install bttv" will install drivers bttv-0.9.15 (bt848 and bt878 for bttv card.. (4inputs and more)yes yes yes!!!!  :-D

"yum install qc-usb" will install drivers qc-usb-0.6.3 for quickcam express...

"yum install spca5xx" will install drivers spca5xx-20050903

i've rebuild this drivers because they don't present...

but you have basic kernel drivers pwc ibmcam ov511.. (lib/modules/2.6.9-11.el/kernel/drivers/usb

Have a good night!!!  8-)

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2005, 05:17:54 PM »
Hello Guys

I'm very interesded in this package and have been trying to get an install script that works.

The script file that is located at http://ftp://userftp:userftp@chaapai.homelinux.net/SME/video/zoneminder/zoneminder-1.20.1/ has problems finding some files.

Could someone find or could the script writter fix the script or maybe rewrite the script so it finds and installs all the files.

Adrian
Regards
M0GLJ
I am new to SAIL SME Server v8b6 and have been using SME for many years.
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.

Offline ldkeen

• +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2005, 10:14:45 AM »
Chaapai,
Great work, however baseurl didn't work for me, was:
ftp://ftp.chaapai.homelinux.net/yum-smeserver/7.0beta/smechaapai/$basearch
Had to change to:
ftp://chaapai.homelinux.net/yum-smeserver/7.0beta/smechaapi/$basearch
Vous êtes un génie
Regards Lloyd

chaapai

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2005, 07:38:36 PM »
hello all!

oops, it's an error, i forget wilcards on dyndns, sorry....:oops:

ftp://ftp.chaapai.homelinux.net works now ...  :-D

for sme 6, i must work on script, but you can find some files on my ftp, in /SME6.5/video/zoneminder/1.21.0/libs/**.rpm

you can also use the script in sme6.5 (don't forget zoneminder_libs_pkg-v1.01.txt ) and change in script
IS_SME65=pic rpmlist | grep -c SMEServer-6.5
by
IS_SME65=pic rpmlist | grep -c SMEServer-6

(delete .5)

BUT NO GUARANTEE, NO TESTED .... (i've only tested with a sme6 without upgrade, only fresh install)

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2005, 06:16:14 AM »
I guess I need to repeat myself even after trying the change to the script for use on SME6.0.1-01.

THERE ARE FILES THAT CAN NOT BE FOUND.

Adrian
Regards
M0GLJ
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2005, 04:27:44 PM »
Quote from: "teviot"

Which ones?  Did you do a google search for them and try to find them yourself?  Don't expect everything to be done for you - We are all volunteers.  If you want guaranteed service, pay for it.

And by the way, you are far more likely to get a response by saying 'I get this error: xxxxx, when I do this: xxxx' than saying 'It doesn't work'.

guest22

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 02:11:25 AM »

Adrian

I WILL NOT SPEND ANY TIME ON YOU

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 06:19:00 AM »
Quote from: "guest22"

Adrian

I WILL NOT SPEND ANY TIME ON YOU

And I thought that if anyone put something up on this web site for the SME project, that they would want it to be as close to perfect at possible.  may be I was wrong

Adrian
Regards
M0GLJ

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 06:41:08 PM »
Adrian, have a good read of these two web pages:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Put yourself in the shoes of the person/people you're asking for help.  Have a look at what you've written so far - how is anyone supposed to know what problem you're having or how to fix it?

Offline Lourens

• +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2005, 08:50:11 PM »
Chapaai;

chapeau!
Works like a charm. Get a much higher framerate/sec as in 6.01 and 6.5

Thanks!

wa4bro

Great Work Chaapai !!!!!!
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2005, 09:51:39 AM »
Great Work Chaapai,

Working good here on 7.0b4 I can not wait until 7.0 goes final to put Zoneminder on my production server.

Using two 4 port bttv cards, working great!

I just discovered Zoneminder about 2 weeks ago and have had some great conversations with Phil and sent him a donation. If you have a PayPal account, I would also love to send you a donation to support your work on the SME version.

Folks, If there is ever an application that could become a real marriage it is ZoneMinder and SME. As far as I am concerned it should be a STOCK install!

Imagine a small office that SME is really designed for having it's own built in security camera system!  

Watching your front door, back office , Stock room.
Catch your robber on video on your small office server! This is great GPL work!

You can find out more about the application and get all the docs at http://www.zoneminder.com/

With the bttv module that Chaapai mentions, You can use the drivers to set up 4 or more camers on those cheap ebay 4 port cards. Course the capture frame rate drops by a 1/4 for every camera you add to them.

Right now I am using two of the 4 port cards with 3 cameras. 2 on one card with lesser frame rates and one on another card with near real time capture rates.

Again Chaapai Great Work!!

cosy

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2005, 06:08:47 AM »
Hi All,

How do i test this with low cost and what sort of H/W should i use? Thanks.

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2005, 02:30:39 AM »
Due to my lack of know-how with linux and trying to learn as much as i can, i ask questions.  If i can work things out for myself, I do.

Here is my problem this time.

I have a logitec quick-cam express
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/EN,CRID=2204,CONTENTID=5037

but mine is an earlier one.  It look similar to the the on in the url.

I have now a test machine and have put sme7.0b4 on it.

I followed the instruction for a yum install and have tried to get the webcam working using the install scripts found at
http://ftp://ftp.chaapai.homelinux.net/SME/video/qc-usb/qc-usb-0.6.1/
with no success.

Can anyone suggest what I do next?
Regards
M0GLJ

wa4bro

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2005, 01:38:50 PM »
Due to my lack of know-how with linux and trying to learn as much as i can, i ask questions.  If i can work things out for myself, I do.

Here is my problem this time.

I have a logitec quick-cam express
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/EN,CRID=2204,CONTENTID=5037

but mine is an earlier one.  It look similar to the the on in the url.

I have now a test machine and have put sme7.0b4 on it.

I followed the instruction for a yum install and have tried to get the webcam working using the install scripts found at
http://ftp://ftp.chaapai.homelinux.net/SME/video/qc-usb/qc-usb-0.6.1/
with no success.

Can anyone suggest what I do next?

Firstly, Have you installed Zoneminder from the yum install ?

If so have you browsed to http://yourserver.com/zoneminder and gotten a login screen where you used the default zoneminder user admin and password admin ?

Then your next step after loging in is to see the zoneminder monitor page. You would then need to add your camera by selecting "add a camera" then select the device location usually for the 1st camera it is /dev/video0 ?

Ross Mellin has a pretty good quick start page for zoneminder at http://www.zoneminder.com/fileadmin/downloads/zm_manual/

Since you were not specific as to why you can not get your camera to work I do not know if it is driver related or program setup related. Please try to be specifc as to "what is not working and how far you actually got in the setup process"

This could be as simple as you have not specified the camera in setup or there is actually a driver problem.

Make sure after you do the yum install zm that you also follow up installing the drivers Ie: for the qucick cam express yum install qc-usb

For a lot of other usb cameras use yum install spca5xx

Then for the Conextant/ Brooktree BT based chip capture cards ( a Ton of them) use yum install bttv

If you got the room and it takes very little, just follow up the yum install zm   with all the drivers that Chaapai has provided. This will cover quite a few capture cards and usb cams.

I am very new Zoneminder and pretty much a Linux newbie myself. So I am giving this advice just from my own use as an appliance operator and lots of reading and screwing things up <G> testing!

Good luck,
Dan