Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Open-XChange

munchmantx

Open-XChange
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2004, 06:38:47 PM »
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone on this thread has any new information with regard to getting openexchange (the open-source version) to work with SME.

Also, is anyone working on a "how-to" for this same topic? I am new to SME, but somewhat familiar with *nix and would like to help in this matter where I can.

Thanks,
Jeromey

Michael_R

Open-XChange
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2004, 02:48:35 PM »
Hi .. I ve gone to Egroupware ( www.egroupware.org ).
Its really a lot of work to install OpenXchange on SME. You need
-Java-engine
-Gcc-Compiler
-ant
-postgres and more ...
Egroupware is much easier to install and has nearly the same features.
You only have to create an Ibay and copy the files to the html-folder. The developers are working at a Outlook-Synchronisation-tool, and the best is .. all for free.

kmcelwain

Open-Xchange
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 03:03:50 AM »
Just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Sounded like someone got really close...did it start working after the PEAR updates?

Would love a step by step...I'm going to give it a shot as well.  I'll try to take notes.

Offline jvels

• +0/-0
    • http://vels.dk
Open-XChange
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2004, 02:08:23 PM »
some news about SME and get open-exchange to work?

Offline Peter

• +0/-0
    • http://www.northwestlinux.co.uk
Open-XChange
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2004, 02:20:06 PM »
Did anybody get egroupware to work in SME 6.1 ?

tbcomputing

open xchange
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2004, 09:50:52 PM »
I finally managed to follow the howtos on the ox site and got it to work on Fedora Core 1.

I'm going to give it a go on SME over Christmas, now that I've been through a learning curve on a redhat disto.

If it works I'll post back, but if SME needs any customisation to make it work I'm probably not good enough to do it.

Lets see

Tony

Michael_R

Open-XChange
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2004, 11:49:03 AM »
@Peter: Yes i got egroupware working with all its features. What is your problem with it? I think compared to Openxchange it is very easy to install.

Michael

Offline Peter

• +0/-0
    • http://www.northwestlinux.co.uk
Open-XChange
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2004, 08:12:25 PM »
HI Michael

I am away from the office at the moment so will contact you on return

Peter :hammer:

djhomeless

Open-XChange
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2005, 02:28:43 PM »
Has anyone had any success in getting OpenExchange working with SME Server?

Otherwise, can anyone comment on the differences between OE and OpenGroupWare or eGroupWare? I don't care as much for the Outlook connector as I run Linux at home.

Geoffrey

rishi

Open-XChange
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2005, 07:45:41 AM »
HI All,

I'm another one who is closely watching this one. Probably not good enough to do any of the configuration work, but could help out with testing it on my SME6.x box. I hope you can get it to work and put up a HOWTO as OpenExchange looks much more mature than many of the other offerings I have researched/tried. It is not just web based either, which is good. I think this would be a very, very popular contrib to put together.

Keep posting progress!

Damian

Open-XChange
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2005, 01:04:09 AM »
I too am very keen to see this succeed. We're business partners with SuSE and have used the OpenXchange-based SLOX for some time. To have it as an SME contrib would REALLY turn things around. Keen Keen Keen!
Damian