Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Help! My users are using e-smith TOO MUCH!

cryblood

Help! My users are using e-smith TOO MUCH!
« on: December 22, 1999, 11:35:44 PM »
An unfortunate incident here in my computer castle!

The Users are enjoying unfettered access to the internet to the point that (according to the boss) "Work has come to a screeching hault!.. And you gotta fix it!" (meaning me, that is)

so,  with tears in my eyes, I was about to shut down my beloved e-smith communicatioins server thus severing Internet access for all of the little people out there in cubicle land who were too busy looking at "gosh knows what" to finish the simple tasks for which they earn their stipend.  Just as I was about to hit the button, the boss handed me a list of people and web addresses and said "This is the sights that I want these people to be able to see.  Everyone else needs their Internet access!"  

He seems to be serious.

can anyone help me? Is there a way to limit certian users to just a hand full of sights and still have the few lucky people be able to have full access to the Internet?  I sure hope so, the boss wants it done today!  (I think I can avoid him for a couple of days, but after that, I'll need to come up with SOME sort of solution)

p.s. Answers in Haiku form would be enjoyed, but probably not understood.  :-)