Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[ANNOUNCE]: New Spam Filter Server Manager Module

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2004, 12:38:32 AM »
Anyone know why every once in awhile the CPU usage rises to 100%. Started for me again on Monday morning.

Active CPU Load %

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The statistics were last updated Tuesday, 19 October 2004 at 17:20,
at which time 'mail' had been up for 0:04:02.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily' Graph (5 Minute Average)
 Max Active 100.0 %   Average Active 97.0 %   Current Active 99.0 %  

Weekly' Graph (30 Minute Average)
 Max Active 99.0 %   Average Active 51.0 %   Current Active 98.0 %  

Monthly' Graph (2 Hour Average)
 Max Active 99.0 %   Average Active 13.0 %   Current Active 88.0 %

How do I stop this??

deunan

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2004, 08:21:35 PM »
Quote from: "lu2fgn"
Hi Jesper
Thanks for the grate job.
I am not a big/good programer, I did install the
spamfilter and I am getting these mail every day
to the Admin acount.
Subject: Cron <root@servidor1>    /usr/bin/spamfilter-stats.pl
<snip>
Alberto

Hi everyone, I am having the same problem as Alberto..

The errors is as follows..

Code: [Select]

Subject: Cron <root@olympus>    /usr/bin/spamfilter-stats.pl
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/root>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=root>

ERROR: Date::Manip unable to determine TimeZone.
Date::Manip::Date_TimeZone called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/Date/Manip.pm line 629
Date::Manip::Date_Init() called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/Date/Manip.pm line 747
Date::Manip::ParseDateString('yesterday') called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/Date/Manip.pm line 1683
Date::Manip::UnixDate('yesterday', '%s') called at /usr/bin/spamfilter-stats.pl line 317
main::parse_arg('yesterday', '') called at /usr/bin/spamfilter-stats.pl line 96

I'm running 6.01-01..  Hopefully some would be able to shed some light whether it is something that we have to worry about or not.  Any inputs greatly appreciated!

Sincere regards and thanks!

peter_b_19

Not sorting to junk folders
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2004, 08:53:21 AM »
Hi,
I have installed spam assassin and it is working no problems with fetchmail collecting mail from pop3 accounts.  It tags spam subject line with the [SPAM 12.5 of 8.0] but does not sort the mail to the users junk mail or delete even when score it reached.

Is there any way to fix this, i have tried searching but not really found any answers.

I have the current vesion (29-10-2004) from Swerts-Knudsen.dk and calm AV all seems to be working fine, just doesent sort or delete.

Thanks for any help any one can give.

(That is really a great site and great work Jesper.)

marianol

« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2004, 06:56:20 PM »
I'm running into the same problems that peterb and deunan have.

I'm running SME 6.0.1  :-D
I've installed the last scripts for spamassasin and calamv from http://sme.swerts-knudsen.dk/

And this are the errors i'm getting from Crondaemon:

------------ :hammer:
Sent: Martes, 16 de Noviembre de 2004 12:00 a.m.
To: root_at_publimen.com.ar
Subject: Cron <root@tequila> /usr/bin/antivirus-stats.pl

Date::Manip::Date_TimeZone called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/Date/Manip.pm line 629
   Date::Manip::Date_Init() called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/Date/Manip.pm line 747
   Date::Manip::ParseDateString('yesterday') called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/Date/Manip.pm line 1683
   Date::Manip::UnixDate('yesterday', '%s') called at /usr/bin/antivirus-stats.pl line 231
   main::parse_arg('yesterday', '') called at /usr/bin/antivirus-stats.pl line 81

------------ :hammer:
Sent: Martes, 16 de Noviembre de 2004 12:00 a.m.
Subject: Cron <root@tequila> /usr/bin/spamfilter-stats.pl

Date::Manip::UnixDate('yesterday', '%s') called at /usr/bin/spamfilter-stats.pl line 319
   main::parse_arg('yesterday', '') called at /usr/bin/spamfilter-stats.pl line 97

----------- :pint:

I have now changed my timezone from the one that my time server (tock.nap.com.ar was giving me ART as my time zone) was giving me to GMT-3 and disabeled the time zone. I did this because the error says that is unable to determine

I will post in a couple of days if something changes.

marianol

No luck in changing the timezone...
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2004, 09:49:27 PM »
Everythig got really messy.. I'm using a Net time server so I got to change it to manual. I did it an I changed the time from ARG to GMT-3 That is the timezone of Argentina.
After that al my e-mail dates were 3 hours in advance of the current time. Checked and double checked the server time bat the server time was OK.
So, i coudn't wait for the cron jobs to run because this is my production server :-D  and I already got my phone ringging asking why the time of evey mail in the company was wrong  :hammer: .

So I'll try this in a few weeks when I have some time to set up a testing server.

In the mean time I'm still recveiving this two mails:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Martes, 23 de Noviembre de 2004 12:00 a.m.
Subject: Cron <root_at_tequila> /usr/bin/spamfilter-stats.pl

Date::Manip::UnixDate('yesterday', '%s') called at /usr/bin/spamfilter-stats.pl line 319
   main::parse_arg('yesterday', '') called at /usr/bin/spamfilter-stats.pl line 97

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Martes, 23 de Noviembre de 2004 12:00 a.m.
Subject: Cron <root_at_tequila> /usr/bin/antivirus-stats.pl

Date::Manip::UnixDate('yesterday', '%s') called at /usr/bin/antivirus-stats.pl line 231
   main::parse_arg('yesterday', '') called at /usr/bin/antivirus-stats.pl line 81

See ya...  8-) [/quote]