Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Files synchronization Add-on

Stas

« on: August 12, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »
It will be cool to have iFolder implemented on SMB server.  It was developed by Novell and is really useful.  It is also open source version available.
This is a link to the project site:

http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?ifolder

Regards,Stas

guest22

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 12:04:49 AM »
Hi,

Please start a new project page in the wiki and announce it on the forums. I'm sure others will help you out.

Thanks in advance for the efforts!

RequestedDeletion

RonM

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 07:20:09 AM »
ifolder looks interesting - I started reading the documentation today. I've been working with Groove the past couple years, part of which has a similar functionality, but ifolder is cross-platform and open source.

Although it might be useful sometimes to have ifolder on a server, and be able to make an ibay also be an ifolder, it doesn't look like it's actually necessary. A group of clients would do fine, especially if one of the clients is a desktop that can be left booted and connected.

I'm interested, and will keep reading as I find time. Looks like Novell's commercial version has Linux install instructions at the console, and configurability through a web site. If the open source version does the same...
If anyone runs into docs describing the synch function, effect of simultaneous edits, etc., I'd really appreciate it if you post a link here.

Stas

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 04:06:41 PM »
Hi,
The problem with me is that I'm not a linux person yet ;-) so I'm not a big help with new implementations. I'm been dealing with Novell Netware last 15 years and iFolder that they implemented is the best improvement in the last few years.
RonM I'm running commercial version of iFolder and if you want to try it live I can set you with account on it.  It is very useful if you using more than one PC because you have same stuff on all you machines.  On my server it has client for windows only but you can download linux client from the Novell web site.

Regards, Stas

bugme

Now that iFolder has rebloomed
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 05:43:41 PM »
Has anyone tried installing iFolder for SME 7.0?
http://slashdot.org/articles/06/04/12/1347229.shtml

I very much would like have my users be able to enhance their backup and sync of desktops with this.

Thanks.

hdaei

iFolder
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 12:36:11 PM »
Bump...

iFolder would be excellent as either part of the base SME or as a certified contrib.

hard_at_work

I'll do it.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 06:11:39 PM »
It look slike there are rpm builds for Fedora Core 4 & 5.  I don't know which SME is built on.

It requires MONO, and a few others, but looks entirely possible.  I will download and try if anyone can tell me which ones I should try.

http://www.ifolder.com/index.php/Download#Server_Builds

There are YUM repositories for CentOS & Fedora Core4:
http://www.ifolder.com/index.php/Download_Repository_Instructions

Thanks

Offline mdo

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 08:40:53 PM »
SME7rc2 (= latest version) is built on CentOS 4.3 so I would try to use the rpms exactly for that version.
SME6 is based on Redhat 7 and there are no ifolder rpms for that (old) version.
Michael

hard_at_work

Results
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »
I have only worked on this for a little while, but I have downloaded all the RPMs for the centOS 4.3 to use with my SME RC1 with all updates from yum installation (same as RC2?)

I ran into a snag with SQLite:
[root@home files]# rpm -i mono-data-sqlite-1.1.15-0.novell.i586.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        libsqlite.so.0 is needed by mono-data-sqlite-1.1.15-0.novell.i586
It appears that the version of SQLite is older than what is installed with SME, but apparently what is installed with SME doesn't have this so.0 file.
I did an rpm -Uhv with all downloaded RPMs and had the following errors:
[root@home files]# rpm -Uvh *.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        mod_mono >= 1.1.13 is needed by ifolder3-server-3.5.6137.1-1.i386
        libX11.so.6 is needed by libgdiplus-1.1.15-0.rhel4.novell.i386
        libXrender.so.1 is needed by libgdiplus-1.1.15-0.rhel4.novell.i386
        libfontconfig.so.1 is needed by libgdiplus-1.1.15-0.rhel4.novell.i386
        libungif.so.4 is needed by libgdiplus-1.1.15-0.rhel4.novell.i386
        libsqlite3.so.0 is needed by (installed) python-sqlite-1.1.6-1.i386
    Suggested resolutions:
        fontconfig-2.2.3-7.i386.rpm
        libungif-4.1.3-1.i386.rpm
        xorg-x11-libs-6.8.2-1.EL.13.20.i386.rpm

I don't think this is unsurmountable, but it is for tonight as I have to work tomorrow.

hdaei

Bump
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 02:56:08 AM »
Any new updates on this?  I, too, am very interested in this technology...