Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Open Groupware with ZideLook Plugin

ztasevski

« on: May 11, 2004, 12:57:16 PM »
Hi,

Has anyone out there got opengroupware running on sme with the ZideLook Plugin ?

Any other Exchange like email server for SME ?

Thankx in advaance !

Zoran

arjanvl

groupware
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 01:53:05 PM »
Hi,

Check moregroupware (www.moregroupware.org) Check for sme installation: http://vanhees.homeip.net/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=15&meid=

Works great BUT is only webbased.

I am waiting for Glow (http://groupware.openoffice.org/glow/) as a replacement for Microsoft Exchange.  :-D

Cheers,

Arjan

tymiles

Re: Open Groupware with ZideLook Plugin
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 05:18:43 PM »
Quote from: "ztasevski"
Hi,

Has anyone out there got opengroupware running on sme with the ZideLook Plugin ?

Any other Exchange like email server for SME ?

Thankx in advaance !

Zoran

This is the best solution for SME I have found: Take a look at this.
http://no.longer.valid/phpwiki/index.php/How%20to%20install%20Cyrus%20IMAP%20server%20on%20e-smith%20SME%20Server

This works very well with the Toltec Connector using MS outlook.. I have tested it with 50 users and it works fine. The catch is that The Toltec Connector is $14 a license for the first 500 users. But Zidelook costs much more. (So does Banari) Toltec is the lowest priced connector for IMAP that I have found (And I know it works)

ztasevski

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 01:32:41 AM »
thanks for your replies guys !

arjanvl: that solution looks very good but it's web based. Many people like the outlook style email views as they are used to it. Great option though.

tymiles: looks very good  :-) - i will be testing it shortly and i'll give you the report shortly !

zoran

ztasevski

Re: Open Groupware with ZideLook Plugin
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 01:53:23 AM »
Quote from: "tymiles"

This works very well with the Toltec Connector using MS outlook.. I have tested it with 50 users and it works fine. The catch is that The Toltec Connector is $14 a license for the first 500 users. But Zidelook costs much more. (So does Banari) Toltec is the lowest priced connector for IMAP that I have found (And I know it works)

I have installed the SME 6.0 version (french only) - i used google's translation to get the panels and buttons descriptions. I have installed the Toltec Connector but I have not received an evaluation key yet ?

Looks very promising !

tymiles

IMAP
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 07:22:43 PM »
The IMAP plugin creats the users and permissions on its own so you don't need to do anything with it once you install and do a reboot. Everytime you add a user all their permissions will be set. Only if you want to take some permissions away do you need to mess with the Cyrus config.

One thing I also found out is the plugin ONLY works with a freshly installed machine that has not users other then the admin and root. If you have users already the permissions for those users will not work properly.

Anonymous

Re: IMAP
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 04:18:36 AM »
Quote from: "tymiles"

One thing I also found out is the plugin ONLY works with a freshly installed machine that has not users other then the admin and root. If you have users already the permissions for those users will not work properly.

That's exactly what i have found actually i just can't get it to work on an existing machine !

I will wipe it and try it fresh...thanks for the tip

ztasevski

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 04:19:42 AM »
Oooppss...i should have logged in  :-D

tymiles

Any luck?
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2004, 02:59:08 AM »
Quote from: "ztasevski"
Oooppss...i should have logged in  :-D

Any luck with this yet?

ztasevski

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 09:37:35 AM »
hi tymiles,

i am having a few issues with this...i am trying to digest the manual that "toltec" have put together as things are not happening in the right sequence as their manual...Correct me if i'm wrong but through their manual they are showing how to share your personal calender etc. (located on your hdd) instead of mapping your mailbox on the server and then sharing it through the server (exchange like so that you can also back it up)...

thanks in advance !