« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 08:39:02 PM »
Quote from: "deunan"
okies..

I managed to solve the problem..

As I mentioned earlier, I tried the solution suggested by eekb -

Code: [Select]

/sbin/e-smith/db accounts setprop <ibayname> PHPBaseDir /
/sbin/e-smith/signal-event ibay-modify <ibayname>

but somehow or rather, it didn't work..  My ibay directory displays plain white wallpaper in my web browser..  After some hacking, I managed to solve this issue by slightly improving eekb's code thus -

Code: [Select]

/sbin/e-smith/db accounts setprop <ibayname> PHPBaseDir /home/e-smith/files/ibays/<ibayname>/:/tmp
/sbin/e-smith/signal-event ibay-modify <ibayname>

As you noticed the colon (:) between the two directories.  This is to signify that there's a multiple directory (two to be exact) being specified so that PHP can executes stuff in the ibay's directory and also inside /tmp.  Therefore no compromise to security and also solves the white wallpaper issue that I encountered earlier.

It seems that, there's a certain depth of directories that PHP defaults to in executing the scripts and apparently the ibays' directory seems to be too deep in order to put the PHPBasedir to /, thus explains the white wallpaper that I encountered. Actually, as I recall, there is a way to specify how deep the directories that PHP can executes from, but :pint: let's leave that for later..  Now, I need some aspirin and a cute doctor to call in the morning 8-) )

Anyway, by specifying two separate directories seems to solve the problem.

I hope my solution is the proper way of doing things.  Anyone else who can improve my solutions, please...  I'm all ears..  ;-)

Sincere regards and thanks

Deunan

Does anyone know if these types of steps are still needed in SME 7.1 etc.

And if it does not solve the problem for my ibay and php how do you change it back to default, or change back to the previous state ???

Thanks