Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

FIX for VPN PPTP Error 619 on Windows Client

Offline Lowell Fuher

• +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2004, 11:09:19 PM »
I too get the 619 error regularly.

Have read through and tried the FIX items that would apply to my particular applications (window XP Pro) - so far no help.
I have two SME 6.0 boxes I can connect to (attempt to) from my 3rd box at home.  Box one at main office I have connected to from time to time, but not consistently - box 2 at my sattelite office (very very fresh install - last week) I can connect to from home at will - am connected to it now.  The box at the main office was originally a e-smith 4.3 install that migrated to 5.6 and then to 6.03 beta and 6.0 final.  Can not connect from sattelite office to main office.  Can not connect from home to main office - (but remember, I have from time to time).  CAN connect from home to sattelite office.  Wondering what the 4.3 to 6.0 migration may have had a part to play in all this.
Would consider reloading a fresh install on the main office box if it weren't for the fact that it is a busy working office of 50+ users.
Just burnt the latest contribs CD 6.0.1 - may give it a try.
Thoughts??????
Moe.....................

Offline brianr

• +2/-0
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2004, 02:32:26 PM »
I have 4 different SME Servers that i VPN to, all from an XP Pro laptop behind my 6.0final SMEserver.  One is 5.5, one is 5.6, one is 6.0final and one is 6.0.1.

I am finding that if a VPN request fails for some reason (perhaps the Ip address is wrong - soe of then change), then further VPN requests to other servers also fail.  As soon as I re-boot XP/Pro, then things seem to work again.

However i am getting a "hang" after a few seconds on the VPN to the 6.0.1 box, it lets me log in using Putty, and as soon as I send a command that asks for more that a line or two of output, the command box hangs, although the VPN still seems to be up (and i can create a new putty session).  Also happens when I try to use webmail or Server manager.

Cheers

Brian
Brian j Read
(retired, for a second time, still got 2 installations though)
The instrument I am playing is my favourite Melodeon.

Offline percheron

• +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2004, 06:32:04 PM »
Brian,
I am curious if your server is Intel-based or AMD-based. I have had a lot of problems with pptp VPN's on SME 6.0 using AMD cpu's. The same hardware worked fine under 5.5, but building a new AMD server from scratch with 6.0 has always resulted in failures with pptp for me. I have a couple of Intel-based servers that work fine.

Maybe it's a problem with the kernel, but I don't know where to start to fix it.

Thanks,
jim