Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Web site servers behind a Server and Gateway

malcolmatecs

Web site servers behind a Server and Gateway
« on: February 19, 2004, 02:39:30 AM »
Can any one help please.
I have a v5.6 installed as a server and gateway. It hosts 5 virtual domains each with a web site.
LAN IP is 192.168.43.1
WAN is DHCP via the ADSL No router or switch between.
I now have two other Servers.

One, my personal server set up as server only is on the main LAN side with my family WEB site on it. It's IP 192.168.43.9

The second server is set up as a server and gateway is on its own network, its LAN IP is 192.168.47.1 and it WAN is 192.168.43.2
So it connects to the Internet via the main server that runs the ADSL but it's LAN is a diferent network to the main one.

How do I get the WEB sites on the two LAN side servers to work on the Iternet.

I have tried a Virtual Domain and then pointed the Hostnames to the local IP of the other servers. This doesn't work, I only get the HTML content of the Virtual Domain Ibay on the Main server.
Ie www.virtual.com =local =192.168.43.9 gets me the ibay linked to virtual on Mainserver.

I cant use a remote IP because the servers are inside the network, I don't want to put a router on the WAN side for the ADSL and share the connection and connect all the servers as servers and gate ways.

How do you do it.

malcolmatecs

Bugger that was ahrd to find.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 03:06:27 AM »
Just found a post that was burried under a pile.

The is a contrib call Proxypass that does what I need. The link to the contrib on this site is broken.
I googled and found this.

http://206.166.28.254/e-smith/AddIns/proxypass

Thanks to St. Clair County School in Illinois.

MH