Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

share level in Samba

Brian Blake

share level in Samba
« on: October 12, 2003, 01:27:21 AM »
I am trying to work out which is the template to edit in order to create a standard shared directory in Samba. I cant use an Ibay as it sets its type to online filder and win2k syncronises to it but cannot map. I need it to be able to map for permissions purposes.

I have edited the smb.conf and it works alright, however if the server crases it overwrites the smb.conf with the templat eand i lose the link to my mapped drive.

Does any on know how to do this?

Jim Danvers

Re: share level in Samba
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 06:43:47 AM »
Can't answer you're question, but I'm sure that others can and will (or at least get you pointed in the right general direction).  What I can tell you though is that it is likely to be a 'custom' template fragment thingie that you'll have to create / modify.  I've never done this myself - but will be watching this thread as I have had 'need' (more like "....  that'd be kinda cool to try and do, maybe I'll look into trying to figure that out later...."  (but later has yet to arrive!  lol!)  My wife says I'm a procrastinator - she's likely right too....  

-=- jd -=-

Paul

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 11:25:27 AM »
Here is an article on how to customize the SME system.

http://www.e-smith.org/custom/

As a matter of fact, it uses the smb.conf file for it's example.

Good Luck
Paul

Graeme Fleming

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 08:42:28 PM »
.. look in /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/smb.conf for the correct fragment (or for the appropriate location for a new fragment) then follow the custom template howto to make the required changes in the template-custom directory.

HTH