Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Two SME servers

LucL

Two SME servers
« on: July 07, 2003, 04:13:45 PM »
Having some difficulty finding information about how to configure my network properly.

I have one SME 5.5v4 acting as server and gateway(Primary).  It also has Snort/Guardian installed.  I host several domain names and I want to redirect one of the domain names to an internal server (Secondary).

I could configure the secondary SME box as server only and run in on the switch but I want the firewall to protect it as well.

The server can connect to the internet internally, however, nobody can access the server from external.  

I've tried to configure the domain name to redirect to the internal IP but it still directs to an IBay on the Primary server.

I am also unable to see the secondary server from internal.  I can see the external and other machines on the local network.  I can ping the secondary server and access it via SSH from the internal network.  I also noticed I could see the server on the network before I applied the 5.5v4 patch.

I gave the Secondary server a different domain name since I am assuming I cannot give it a duplicate name from the Primary.

I think the local network access issue is related to samba.

Any advice or links to how-tos is greatly appreciated.

LucL

Re: Two SME servers
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 04:16:47 PM »
I only want to redirect one domain internally so this is (I assume) is not a question of port forwarding.

Mark Gimelfarb

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 07:42:01 PM »
you might want to use ProxyPass directive with apache. One of the HowTos on the E-smith website relates to that similar issue.(their example is redirecting Exchnage webmail inside to an exchange server)

Abe Loveless

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 07:25:39 AM »
http://www.tech-geeks.org/contrib/loveless/proxypass/

Lets you select Virtual Domains and forward to specific internal IP addresses.