Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Forwarding port 80?

David Trask

Forwarding port 80?
« on: July 02, 2003, 06:07:25 AM »
Ok...finally solved one dilemma...email...no the next one.  I've just recently upgraded to 5.6 and have installed portforwarding and it's working.  My problem...I'm using a FirstClass Server (www.centrinity.com) for my school and it sits behind my E-Smith box....I have web services running on my Firstclass server and I need to get them through the firewall.  I want folks from the outside to be able to access web pages on my FirstClass server.  I've had this working before when I was running 5.12 (or 5.5) and it worked fine...I stupidly forgot to make note of what I did...so here I am.  I have tried forwarding port 80 from my external IP address (let's say 169.225.123.1) to port 80 on my internal address which is my FirstClass server (let's say 10.0.0.131).  It doesn't work...it works internally, but not externally.  Any ideas?  Gotta' get this working.  Thanks!  :-)

David Trask

Boris

Re: Forwarding port 80?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 01:23:00 AM »
ProxyPass add-on does just that. It redirects web page from SME to another internal or external web server. For SME 5.6 you need updated by Abe Loveless contributed package.