Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Customisation Service Manager Web

Jim Gooch

Customisation Service Manager Web
« on: May 14, 2003, 07:28:23 PM »
We are looking to customise the web front end of Service Manager and having read through the documentation, searched the forums and browsed through the various files have established that everything is controlled by etc/e-smith/web/functions - so far so good and some minor modifications made to include new menu items etc on the navigation page.

Now stuck on graphically customising the navigation page - have found the graphics OK but for the life of me I cannot find where they & the other information above the menu structure are called from - it isn't head.tmpl - it seems to be the function "navigation" but where the variables are stored is what I can't ascertain

Can anyone point me at the relevant files ?

Alejandro Lengua

Re: Customisation Service Manager Web
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 05:23:18 AM »
Hi!
I am also looking for ways to have some branding on the server-manager interface.

My idea is to have something some further online information and change
some graphics to have something like "MITEL SME SERVER Supported by My Company XXYY".

This is because I sell supported SME servers. But I am not sure how far can I go in the changes before violating any license...

Jochen Hoegerl

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 11:04:07 AM »
My idea is to have something some further online information and change
some graphics to have something like "MITEL SME SERVER Supported by My Company XXYY".

This is because I sell supported SME servers. But I am not sure how far can I go in the changes before violating any license...

I don't think you break the license, if you leave the original graphic but just putting
a sentence on it like "This Copy is supported by YOU Trash it WE fixIT.inc"
for example.

jochen

GM

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 02:54:10 PM »
Hi

Just found your thread.  I posted something similar the other day.  Have you been able to clarify the situation any better.  I've had no response to my post :(

Regards

GM