Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

WIndows XP log on

Axel Magnusson

WIndows XP log on
« on: February 20, 2003, 12:48:45 PM »
I have just been installing a E-Smith server version 5.6, after install Iam not able to log on to the server with Windows XP professional. I log in to my XP o.k but have no access to my E-smith server until after openign my network places and log in there to the server then i  get full acces just by to log into one of them. I have no problems checking my email ore use internet explore the only problem is to print with out to log in to server sepperately again and access my Ibays.
Can any one help.

Bill Talcott

Re: WIndows XP log on
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 06:27:24 PM »
Are you logging on to Windows with a valid SME username/password? It sounds like you're saying your Windows password doesn't match the SME's, so you can't access the SME until you make a Network Neighborhood connection and the asks for your username/password.

Axel Magnusson

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 10:13:13 AM »
Yes Iam using the same user  password and it was working on Sme version 5.12 and then I changed to versio 5.6 and then it started with this double log on.
I have 3 machines on the network and yesterday I made one of them log on by to reinstall windows network and then I tried the same on machine number 2 but it did not work.
rgds

AXEL

Paul Bearne

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 02:01:05 PM »
Windows XP requires an interoperability patch if domain logins are used. This patch is made available via the web server, via the URL "http://servername/server-resources/".

Axel Magnusson

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 02:05:19 PM »
Iam not using a Domain log in Iam just logging into the workgroop. When I try to set up my Windows XP machine by Domain it can not se the domain.I hav been running this patch and it did not help.

Rgds

Axel

Axel Magnusson

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2003, 12:29:06 AM »
I found the soloution for the problem. You have to use the regedit file supplied with E-Smith and redue the connection for the network on the Windows machine then it is working again.

Axel