Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

webcalendar access problem

aniston

webcalendar access problem
« on: April 24, 2001, 05:51:43 PM »
hello ....

i tried the webcalendar installation but as mentioned on the last command of....

mysql grant all on intranet.* to webcalendar@localhost identified by 'web!calendar';

this command did not worh and so i get the following error....

Warning: Host 'abcdef' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/webcalendar/html/includes/php-dbi.inc on line 40
Error connecting to database:
Unknown error

any idea how to get past this... i'm sure its to do with authorizing the mysql database to allow any user on my e-smith system to use the intranet database.

Basically the line of mysql grant all.... did not work and i dont know how to do it.

regards,
aniston

Dan Brown

Re: webcalendar access problem
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2001, 05:55:58 PM »
No, the "grant all" worked just fine (assuming you didn't get any error messages).  What didn't work is your configuration for phpcalendar.  I've never used it, but wherever you specify the database host, enter "localhost" instead of the machine name.

Robert Boerner

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2001, 07:23:30 PM »
I also attempted to setup the webcalendar and am getting the exact same error message as you are (on my e-smith 4.1.2 box). I have emailed Darrell May to see what his thoughts are.

A couple items of note...

In Darrell's howto, he states he needed to comment out a line in the config.inc file to ensure that the calendar operated in multiuser mode. I went to check that, but the line was already commented out.

When executing the last command (the mysql grant ....) I did not receive an error message per se, but after pressing return I got a long list of command options. I do not know if this indicates an error or not. I have never used mysql before at the command line.

We will just have to wait and see :)

I also checked my ibay to make sure it was setup correctly and it was.

aniston

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2001, 07:25:32 PM »
hello Dan,

I tried it with 'localhost' too but it returned the same error message. i also tried it with the machine ip address of 192.168.1.1but with the same error message.

basically i do get an error message when i tied to da the sentance with grant alllike  this...

mysql grant all on intranet.* to webcalendar@localhost identified by 'web!calendar';

do you think this is correct? the error is not specified but it just gives me the various commands for the mysql command line! (and grant all is not specified in those).

If the problem is related to the php side what would be a normal way to check or issue the equilavent commands?

regards,
aniston.

Ronald Tanis

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2001, 08:32:14 PM »
Where can I find webcalendar ??

Please Can you help me, I also want to try it

Dan Brown

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2001, 08:58:48 PM »
Wait a minute...  Where did you type that grant all line?  It should go like this:

[root@e-smith dan]# mysql
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 180 to server version: 3.23.32

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer

mysql> grant all on...

aniston

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2001, 09:00:41 PM »
try this link to get it ... currently its not there but was here about 2 hrs back.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3870&release_id=19947

Robert Boerner

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2001, 09:33:59 PM »
That did it for me Dan. Works like a charm now. Thank you very much. For those of you who did not see the original e-mail from Darrell May on this...check out this link to the howto document...

http://netsourced.com/e-smith/howto/howto-webcalendar.html

aniston

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2001, 02:54:41 AM »
Hello there,

I tried the new .zip file from Darrel May's website http://netsourced.com/e-smith/howto/howto-webcalendar.html .....

but having had earlier problems with the previous installation now I seem to be locked out durning the installation itself.

after having issued the command 'mysqladmin create intranet' I get this error message...

mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)'

Is it that the user 'root@localhost' has been locked out of using the mysql database or something like that?

any solutitions! possibilities?

regards,
aniston.