Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

update error

jacques

update error
« on: February 09, 2003, 02:17:39 AM »
Hi

I have a small issue I hope you can help. I just tried updating my E-smith ver.5.5 via a remote client called WinSCP. It was the package2 update. what i did was the following. I put the package in the home dir and ran the following commands in it through WinSCP.  rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs *.rpm
                              /sbin/e-smith/signal-event post-upgrade
                              /sbin/e-smith/signal-event reboot.
I then recieved the following error message "Error getting the name of current directory. Command "PWD" failed with invalid input. What exactly did i do wrong?

Chris

Re: update error
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 11:18:49 AM »
Looks like the right commands, have you been able to reconnect after the reboot completed?

Can you get to the box physically?.

I have had in the past, but only once out of many, and on a box with many contrib modules installed, an issue where after updating the box it reset the remote access stuff.

You may need to get someone at the other end (if you cant) reset the remote access to at least ssh (public / administrative).

Cheers

CB

jacques

Re: update error
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 02:30:08 PM »
Yes i can connect, and i can also get to the box physically. It's a brand new install and i have no contribs installed, and the remote access is allready set to public including "allow administrative commandline acces over secure shell". Does this mean that my update has been ignored, or is it just an insignificant annoyance?