Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Webmail problem

Sidney

Webmail problem
« on: October 05, 2002, 10:50:36 PM »
My isp offers webmail but I am unable to pull up the webpage to login to the webmail.
  This problem is only on my network behind my SME server.
  I am able to surf the internet with out any other problems

I can go to a differ network and not have any trouble accessing the webpage.

Any suggestion?

It seems to me some kind of port problem ?Free_one wrote:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

chris meredith

Re: Webmail problem
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2002, 11:10:17 PM »
Can you ping the server?  Sounds more like a dns problem right off (without knowing exactly that error you get trying to access the page).

I would see if DNS resolves, if not, try to connect by IP (get it while on another network that works).  If it is just a DNS issue you can add the ip to your hosts file for now, and/or flush your client DNS cache.

From a windows box:

ping wemail.yourisp.com

nslookup webmail.yourisp.com

If its not a DNS issue, what error are you getting?  Do you get the problem from more than one machine?   Have you tried to connect directly from the SME server?  Try

lynx http://wemail.yourisp.com

Slypenny

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 06:09:25 AM »
I have the same problem accessing my work exchange webmail.  I can also access it from everywhere but on my network.  When i try and access it, I will get my login and the template for the page, but once I try and login it will continually bring up my login again, and again.  I can ping the dns no problem and get the same error when trying to access it by IP.  I am not sure if it is something on my side(firewall) that is blocking this site.  If you have any help, please reply back.

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2002, 05:15:06 AM »
I had a problem where I couldn't access my exchange server at work through my esmith server.  I could see "outlook web access" but it would never get any farther.  I tried Mozilla and I can read and send mail like a charm.  Funny, MICROSOFT internet explorer can't access MICROSOFT outlook webaccess, but Mozilla can.  I love it.

jeff

Offline jreijsenbach

• +0/-0
    • http://www.bh24.net
Webmail problem
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »
Hi,

Same here. Internet exploder hangs on 'loading' when only half of exchange webmail is viewable. Firefox gets a little further but hangs just the same.

I have flushed the squid cache .... no change
Used a different sme setup on a different ISP .... no change
I have tried it on an open connection to the interenet..... everything works

The weird thing is this strange behavior only started 2 weeks ago. Before that all worked like a charm.

I used to have a similar problem with an older SME (6.5?) and some isolated webpages that either took ages to load or not at all. after installing a fresh 7.0 no problems.

If anyone has a solution that I can try please tell me.... ehhr us since I seem not to be the only one.

Regards and Happy holidays!

Jan

Offline william_syd

• +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here.
    • http://www.magicwilly.info
Webmail problem
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 01:33:30 AM »
Quote from: "jreijsenbach"

If anyone has a solution that I can try please tell me.... ehhr us since I seem not to be the only one.
Jan

True, but did you check the dates of the previous posts ?
Regards,
William

IF I give advise.. It's only if it was me....

Offline jreijsenbach

• +0/-0
    • http://www.bh24.net
Webmail problem
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 09:57:17 AM »
Oeps.... you're right a very long time ago! A little dementia setting in maybe .... hope not  :oops:  :wink:

Strange thing is I remember these problems from before. After updating to a new version of SME these were gone. Never found out what was the cause. Maybe you can point me to a more recent .... preferably .... a solution to or description of these problems?

Thanks!

Jan