Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Avmailgate

Jon

Avmailgate
« on: June 27, 2002, 05:54:11 AM »
I installed the VexINS-AVMailGate-1.0-4.noarch.rpm( http://www.vexins.com/downloads/VexINS-AVMailGate-1.0-4.noarch.rpm) now I am getting the message "Cannot use downloaded new virus definition file.
Please upgrade AntiVir MailGate to version 6.14" when it tries to update I have read "http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=13957.msg53063#msg53063" whis suggest howto upgrade but I can only find 2 of the 3 files he says to update. I also not sure I installed the license correctly if any one has answers please help.

guestHH

Re: Avmailgate
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2002, 12:19:14 PM »
Hi Jon,

I don't remember exactly, but there is a script called upgrade or avupdate in the avmailgaite installation directory.
Execute it from the console and it will update AVMailgate to the latest version.

Regards,
guestHH

calvin

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 05:52:15 PM »
You can found a lot of information about this in the address :

http://forum.vexins.com/viewthread.php?tid=5

Calvin

Jon

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2002, 06:57:29 PM »
Thank You both I think I got it.

Adam Rykala

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2002, 07:17:05 PM »
Let me know if you don't

Basically I did this

Manually downloaded the update

Unzipped it

Stopped the AVMailgate daemons and copied the upgrades daemons executables to /usr/sbin

btw the file you want is vdf-update ....

ln'ed /etc/int.d/avmgate to rc7.d/S99avmgate

restarted and re-updated

oh and btw chmod all the files in usr/lib/AntiVir to uucp:uucp before the restart

(This is from memory!)

Jon

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2002, 09:21:13 PM »
I followed the instucions on http://forum.vexins.com/viewthread.php?tid=5 and did pretty much what you said execpt "ln'ed /etc/int.d/avmgate to rc7.d/S99avmgate"
I do not know how to do this or if it is nessesary could you please expain howto do this in more detail.

Adam Rykala

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2002, 10:06:05 PM »
Sure

Adam Rykala

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2002, 10:06:48 PM »
Sure

ln -s /etc/init.d/avmgate /etc/rc.d/rc7.d/S99Avmgate

Ensures it starts at boot

Jon

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2002, 07:08:28 AM »
Thank you all very much.

Snarf

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2002, 01:53:21 PM »
I do have a problem with e-smith and the avmailgate though. After the update and the change of the line in the contrab to /usr/lib/AntiVir/antivit -q --update it seems that after a save of the server-manager the line is back to it's old wrong default.
It won't do it's updates then.
Is it me or ..... ?

Does anyone know which template is used for this, then it would be easy to change it in the good command.

Thx !!

Adam Rykala

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2002, 06:29:52 PM »
I cheated

Rename the file vdf-update to vdf-update.OLD and create a shell script in it s place of

#---------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
/usr/lib/AntiVir/antivir -q --update
#---------------------------------------------

Worked for me

One thing I also had to do was create a user "AvMailGate" and  edit /var/qmail/users/assign (or more rather its template in /etc/e-smith/templates/var/qmail/users/assign/template-end) to add in an alias for this AvMailGate user because I was getting bounces bouncing (AV uses this user to send bounces)

read the /var/qmail/users/assign in "pico" to see how to create the entry - but first at a prompt type

useradd AvMailGate

Capitalisation is important it seems and I could'nt get Server Manager to do an alias or a user with capitals......

A

Snarf

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2002, 08:25:12 PM »
Hi,

Made the script and it works like a charm, but i could use some help on the AvMAilGate part.

I did make the user AvMailGate and gave it a /bin/false shell, but does it need a home dir ? and what alias did you give it ?
I can't find the AvMailGate user in /var/qmail/users/assign and the template-end is empty.
Some more in depth help for this newbie would be very much appriciated.

Thx !

Adam Rykala

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2002, 01:10:09 AM »
if you run

useradd AvMailGate
it would have created a home dir of

/home/e-smith/users/AvMailGate (IIRC) and thats all

to add an alias for it -

pico template-end in

/etc/e-smith/templates/var/qmail/users/assign and make it

#-------------
=AvMailGate:arykala:5001:5001:/home/e-smith/files/users/arykala:::

with a "." as the last line on its own and replace arykala above for the required alias

then expand the template and reboot

Snarf

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2002, 03:23:52 PM »
Ok thanks !!

Could someone send me the file below. I've been trying some stuff but ^%*&#$ this one up.
Reinstalling the fetchmail rpm's didn't help. It's a email template.

/etc/e-smith/templates/etc/crontab/email

Thx in advance