Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

PHP users Upload + Homedirs

Admin Who Wants Full Acc

PHP users Upload + Homedirs
« on: June 07, 2002, 10:00:11 PM »
Hi 2 questions!

1 when i use a upload script i cant edit the stuff... it says i cant access the files coz i am not granted to... SO is there a way to let the php stuff upload and still be the admin over it ?>? i want that everyone can download it.. but i can delete it... asswel as all the users who i gave ibay ftp rights... i tried a lot but got a lot of errors.. plz help me out!

'2 i want to have full access to other peepz homedirs... with this i mean that i can access (admin) their drs by ftp and have a look at it... also delete etc.. (full) they are still there own user owners etc.... but i want to haqve the ablility to KILL KIL L KILL if u know what i mean....

TO All those who want to know my real nickname AND ARE GLAD that i am not using capital only... My name is TWILIGHT => TwiLight :)

Thank u for your coop(* if any is prop sended that is*)

Nathan Fowler

Re: PHP users Upload + Homedirs
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 01:19:17 AM »
You already have a similar thread open that has been answered located here:
http://www.e-smith.org/bboard/read.php?f=3&i=16925&t=16925

It is very hard to read your messages, keep in mind that many of the people here are professionals, I ask that you take the extra time required to formulate correct sentences using correct (or readable) spelling.  I also ask that you please do not post the Subject and Name fields in all Caps, this is very annoying.  Use a real name too, or a nickname so we can identify you.

I also ask that you take the time to think about what you are typing.  In reference to:
http://www.e-smith.org/bboard/read.php?f=3&i=17089&t=17074
RPM -xvf is not valid, you are thinking tar -xvf
You cannot install an arbitrary version of EGCS/GCC and expect it to work.

I simply ask that you try to remain as professional as possible.  Everyone is willing to help, please make it easy for us to help you.  As always, RTFM first.  Have you investigated any material on basic Linux file system security, the answers to your questions are there?

Please take this as constructive criticism,
Nathan

Nathan Fowler

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2002, 01:26:55 AM »
To answer you questions:

1) Configure the server to use SSH only, not Telnet.
2) Login to your server as root using SSH.  If you do not have a SSH client use http://www.stickit.nu/putty.exe
3) Be amazed at the God-Mode rights you have.  You cannot use the root account to FTP, but SSH is probably faster.

Do not login as root via Telnet, data sent via telnet is non-encrypted and can be 'sniffed'.

Hope this helped.
Nathan

Admin Who Wants Full Acc

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2002, 03:13:59 PM »
i want to have access to it by ftp! not ssh.. and yes offcourse i use putty...
havent u ever want to get a files from someones homedr without having to copy it or modify owner rights to the dir to actually access them... or even dumber.. having to use the persons account to access the homedir ;)

Nathan Fowler

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2002, 06:41:44 PM »
Well, I STRONGLY recommend you DO NOT DO THIS because FTP is a non-encrypted protocol, but you can simply remove the username "root" from /etc/ftpusers allowing root FTP login.

Nathan