Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

ADMIN ABLE TO GET TO HOME DIRS

ADMIN SPYING HOME FILES

ADMIN ABLE TO GET TO HOME DIRS
« on: June 04, 2002, 11:48:02 PM »
1 hi how can i edit the prefs to be able to look/write/read by ftp etc to my users HOME dirs

2 i have edited the stuff for the MAXUPLOAD by php... now when i upload the stuff i as admin cant download the stuff!!! i want to give all admins (just 1 user admin) or an entire group the priviledge to read and download the stuff :)  

HOWTO PLZ

just say edit + change :)

Grub

Re: ADMIN ABLE TO GET TO HOME DIRS
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 12:28:32 AM »
man chmod
man chown

Ryan

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2002, 08:53:53 AM »
I have access through SSH using putty.  Log in as root.  type "mc" to run midnight commander which allows you to navigate quickly.  You can copy and move files with MC.

Good luck

RS

Ryan

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 09:00:37 AM »
You can also use smb to read/write to user home directories.

1.  Log into windows box using root username and password as local account on windows box (same account as sme server)

2.  You might have to create "root" user for samba.  I have the instructions to do this if you need, email me or post.  This info is in how-to for samba 2.2.2a.  Use same password as sme root account.

3.  Start/run  type:  \smeserver\username      Note:  you must enter this manually to see the share.  You can not browse it the first time.  It should remain on your computer after doing this the first time.  If you wipe out your profile on this computer, you will have to manually connect to all user accounts again to see them.

good luck

RS