Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

17 GB of RAV files in /tmp

Derek

17 GB of RAV files in /tmp
« on: May 13, 2002, 07:56:15 PM »
Hi,

I have 17 GB and growing of files in my SME 5.1.2 /tmp directory that look like this:

RAVTMP0aMCAs

If I use vi to look at the files I get a bunch of gibberish with "Domino R5 Certificate Authourity". The SME server took over email duties from an expensive Domino R5 server, but the Domino server is long gone from the network.

They are clogging up my server in a big way. Does anyone know how they are being generated, how to stop it, and wether or not they are safe to delete?

Regards,

Derek

Osmol

Re: 17 GB of RAV files in /tmp
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2002, 08:25:45 PM »
that's no good

Nathan Fowler

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2002, 09:19:51 PM »
Do you have a Domino CA setup somwhere?

Derek

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2002, 09:26:12 PM »
Nope, there are no Lotus products anywhere on the network at all. This one is really stumping me.

Nathan Fowler

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2002, 09:55:27 PM »
I'd rm -rf the files and see what happens.  17GB of certificates can't be any good.  I wonder if your clients are trying to use a Domino server template when they send the email and are attaching an x.509 cert?

Derek

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2002, 10:07:57 PM »
All of the clients are Outlook Express. A couple of people used to use Outlook Express as the Domino POP client. (Everyone else used Lotus Notes). Could that be related somehow?

I'll blow away those files and see what happens.

Nathan Fowler

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2002, 10:17:40 PM »
My guess is yes, they  may be attaching x.509 certs from the lotus days you mentioned above.

PB

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2002, 08:47:43 PM »
Ah, I don't know how to solve the problem, but I also ran out of space on my / disk, due to the tmp being filled with stuff from RAV. Now I read this string of mails I understand that Inotes is the culprit. My work went over to using it the moment that my e-smith starting filling up tmp with these files. At least I know what the cause is, even if I don't know how to solve it..

Thanks!