Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

QMail for users

Phil Perreault

QMail for users
« on: April 26, 2002, 06:51:31 PM »
It seems like there is a lot of manual work to maintaining
 email to multiple domain names.

It seems like I have to keep a seperate 1 line text file for every domain alias listed
 in virtualdomains under an actual user account for every alias@domain entry. Is this correct?

all these extra users and one line text files is a big deterent for me.

I want something like one file or table to hold all domain alias delivery mapping.

If the design of qmail is such that end users are supposed to manage their own domain
 aliases (an incentive to stick with qmail) then there should be some tools or tutorials
 or how-to's for the domain owner to use for managing his own qmail files.

Training end users my self is not something that I do well ;)

Please fill me in on the areas I'm missing or are confused about. Where can I find more tools and such?

Thanks in Advance

Phil
 SynePost.com

Greg Brooks

Re: QMail for users
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2002, 10:05:29 PM »
Phil, you're correct that it's not the cleanest thing in the world to maintain. Although I am a huge fan (albeit a new one) of the SME product, let me suggest checking out http://matt.simerson.net/computing/mail/ if you're looking for a solution geared specifically toward managing a bunch of virtual domains and the associated e-mail addresses.

Disclaimer: It's based on FreeBSD and won't play well on a SME box. On the other hand, it *is* qmail based, so you don't lose any of your knowledge if you've been studying up on that particular MTA.

Regards,
Greg B.