Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

CGI problem on Primary IBay

Chris

CGI problem on Primary IBay
« on: April 25, 2002, 02:41:00 AM »
When I am trying to use a script in my Primary IBay.  I get an Internal Server Error every time I try to do something with it. I have chmod it to 755 and it still does not work.  I was wondering if there is anyone that can help me with this.  I have also enabled CGI like the documention told me to for E-Smith.  I am running SME version 5.  Can anyone help me with this please.  Thanks in advance.
-Chris

Chris

Re: CGI problem on Primary IBay
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 08:04:54 AM »
I have found out how to make it work, on the first line I changed it to:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
It now works, I am not sure why the -w works, can someone explain why this works, I don't quite understand it.

If no-one knows, at least this is out there for reference.

Simon

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2002, 12:55:10 AM »
I have encountered the same problem and after changing the "shebang" line to include the -w (warning flag) the CGI scripts worked.  Know all that I am afraid of is having Perl warning appear on users web pages after using the CGI script.

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 09:55:26 PM »
Chris,

Please forgive me for being so dumb, but I'm not sure what "it" is that you changed to get the CGI to work.  I've been trying for months to get an answer to enable CGI scripting throughout my web site, because I want to create a system wide include for both header and footer information, but am at an impass on getting a straight answer.

Bruce

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2002, 09:55:48 PM »
Chris,

Please forgive me for being so dumb, but I'm not sure what "it" is that you changed to get the CGI to work.  I've been trying for months to get an answer to enable CGI scripting throughout my web site, because I want to create a system wide include for both header and footer information, but am at an impass on getting a straight answer.

Chris

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2002, 06:47:03 PM »
The first line on my perl script used to look like this:
#!/usr/bin/perl
But was was always getting internal server errors, and couldn't get it to work.
But I added the -w flag to the end of the line that enables warning messages from what I understand.  So it looks like this now.
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

That was the only thing that I had changed to get the script to work on my server.Chris wrote: