Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

User-Manager RPM

Bob

User-Manager RPM
« on: April 12, 2002, 09:19:59 AM »
I've installed the user-manager RPM so that I can customize a Server Manager panel for certain users.  I also recently installed the squidGuard add-on and would like to include this in a custom Serveer Manager panel.  I followed the directions for creating the custom panel but cannot ge the Content Filtering link into the custom panel.

Has anyone else experienced this.  I noticed that when your creating a custom Server Manager panel that you sometimes have to include the entire description (useraccounts and others you just include the first two words).

Any help would be appreciated.

stephen noble

Re: User-Manager RPM
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 09:54:28 AM »
http://myezserver.com/downloads/mitel/contrib/user-manager/user-manager-howto.html

have you made a symbolic link into the admin or user directory

stephen noble

Dan G.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2002, 10:30:01 AM »
This part is the key, the last step in that How-to:

[root@sme5]# /sbin/e-smith/config setprop userpanel AvailablePanels panel1,panel2,panel3...

First, find out the names of all the symlinks that are in the directory now:

[root@sme5]# ls /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin

You'll get back a glob that looks like:

awstats           localnetworks    qmailanalog                    support
backup            mailinglists       quota                             sysmon
blades             mp3jukebox      reboot                            updates
datetime          online-manual    reinstall                          useraccounts
directory          otheremail         remoteaccess                 viewlogfiles
emailretrieval    password          review                             virtualdomains
groups             pleasewait        servermanager-navigation  workgroup
hostentries       printers            services
ibays               pseudonyms     starterwebsite

ALL of these have to be entered into the command given above, as a comma-separated string -- ick.

In fiddling with this myself, I decided a little scriptlet was the best way to manage it, so I made one.  I just did:

[root@sme5]# ls /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin > setnav

[root@sme5]# vi setnav

...and edited the names into a comma-delimited list.  Then, I added the config command to the beginning of the file like this:

/sbin/e-smith/db accounts setprop admin AdminPanels awstat,backup,blades, etc....etc..

Saved the file.

[root@sme5]#chmod +x setnav
[root@sme5]#  ./setnav

Boom, all desired entries are in place.  Just because I tend to forget things like this when I don't use them frequently, I made two files in my /root/util directory:  setnav and shownames.   'shownames' just does the 'ls /etc/e-smith/web/panels/manager/cgi-bin'  After installing something with a new panel, I just ls the directory, figure out what the last package added to that directory, append that name into my 'setnav' script, ./setnav again, and we're off and running.

Dan G.

Bob

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2002, 12:29:50 AM »
Thanks Dan.  I can now customize a Server-Manager panel for my users.  One problem still.  When a user logs into their own Server-Manager panel, they are presented with the panels that I have given them access to.  For example, when they click on the Content Filtering link, it asks them to log in again.  Doesn't matter which link they click on the left, they have to enter their password again.

Any ideas???