Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Custom 5.1.2 ISO

David SedeƱo

Custom 5.1.2 ISO
« on: March 19, 2002, 07:20:36 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to do a custom 5.1.2 iso image. I have done a link from e-smith to RedHat. I added a package to e-smith/RPMS/, edit e-smith/base/comps and do:

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --withnumbers --hdlist /cd/RedHat/base/hdlist /cd/

(this run ok).

Make the iso with:

mkisofs -V esmith -b images/cdboot.img -c e-smith/base/boot.cat -r -T -o /mnt/extra1/esmith-custom.iso /cd/

(/cd/ is where are the files).

The problem is when I try to install, the installer exit anormally with signal 11....

What I'm missing? Any ideas?
Thanks

Tony De Keizer

Re: Custom 5.1.2 ISO
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 08:29:18 AM »
Dear David,

I was experiencing the same issues as you while trying to incorporate the 5.1.2 updates onto the 5.1.2 CD using a 4.1.2 howto found on this forum.  After much research I found out that the version of anaconda-runtime being used was causing the problem.  I was using anaconda-runtime-7.2.90-2.  The genhdlist utility in this version creates a different format hdlist file. In fact it creates a hdlist and a hdlist2 file instead.  Obviously e-smith are using a earlier version of anaconda for their installation application so I had to revert to anaconda-runtime-7.0.1-6 (available from rpmfind.net) and everything work fine.

It is also worthy to note that you do not need anaconda itself, just the anaconda-runtime package installed using --nodeps.  Also the --hdlist option and parameter in your command is unnecessary as the Rehat/base/hdlist is the default location from the root of the CD.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Tony De Keizer