Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Amavis howto?...

Stan

Amavis howto?...
« on: March 14, 2002, 01:23:51 AM »
Hi :)

Some time ago somebody posted some info about installing Amavis for virus protection. It was quite long ago, in the 4.x times I beleive.
Just wondering, whether anybody had success with Amavis on the current (5.1.2) release of SME server?...
A company here in Poland that makes antivirus software for over a decade finally made an antivirus engine for Linux, and best of all - it's free (at least now). I'm using RAV on my server, but will be looking for a solution for several domains, hosted on another server to play with. RAV charges per domain, so for a non-profit-at-least-now server it would be too expensive to buy a license for a relevant number of domains.
If someone's interested, and knowledgeable about integrating Amavis with the current Qmail + smtpd setup on 5.1.2  I can help in obtaining/testing newest versions of this (beta stage, but working quite OK) software - I mean translating the descriptions form Polish, because it's the language in which all the readme's are written :)

Cheers
Stan

Confucius

Re: Amavis howto?...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2002, 01:46:33 AM »
Gimme some more details pls... I was able to get an AV program listening on my SMTP port and it works smooth but I like to know about more FREE AV software. + I like to integrate it also in the surfing and I have been looking into Amavis too a little while ago but got busy on other things and completely forgot about it. Maybe it's time to look into it again...

Harro