Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

How to block specific email domains?

Rogue

How to block specific email domains?
« on: December 08, 2005, 07:37:00 AM »
I seem to have two problems at the moment, both of which can be fixed with email filters.

1st - someone on my network is infected with Sober and is sending spam to AOL (not that they don't deserve it...)

How can I set up a rule that any email to *@aol.com is automatically blocked?

2nd - I'm getting lots of spam from an ISP's mail relay. I don't use this ISP for anything, so I'd like to block their relay from sending me email.

How can I set up a rule to drop all email from ihug-mail.icp-qv1-irony5.iinet.net.au:203.59.1.199?

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: How to block specific email domains?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 08:32:16 AM »
Rogue

The (free) dungog mailblocking contrib will do that for you.

You might also want to read this

http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs//rmitchell/smeserver/howto/Mail%20system%20tweaks%20HOWTO%20for%20sme%20server.htm

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 10:06:03 PM »
Quote from: "Rogue"
I seem to have two problems at the moment, both of which can be fixed with email filters.

1st - someone on my network is infected with Sober and is sending spam to AOL (not that they don't deserve it...)

How can I set up a rule that any email to *@aol.com is automatically blocked?

Don't do that. Find and fix the infected system.

As well as that, use the mailpatterns blocking feature stop that virus (and any like it) from spreading.

2nd - I'm getting lots of spam from an ISP's mail relay. I don't use this ISP for anything...

But the ISP's customers (and there are *lots* of them - they're Australia's second largest, right?) use that relay to send you legitimate mail.

Offline albatroz

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 03:00:30 PM »
Yeah,
I wish this contrib would be available for SME 7

Quote from: "RayMitchell"
Rogue

The (free) dungog mailblocking contrib will do that for you.

You might also want to read this

http://mirror.contribs.org/smeserver/contribs//rmitchell/smeserver/howto/Mail%20system%20tweaks%20HOWTO%20for%20sme%20server.htm