Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Outbound activity on local requests...

Ari

Outbound activity on local requests...
« on: March 05, 2002, 02:36:09 AM »
Let me clarify a little..

Last night, I was updating my web site (actually re-designed the darn thing but that's irrelevant) and when I went to use my Winsock FTP-LE (which I have used religiously in the past when running ESSG 4.12/Win2KPro without problem) it took over an hour to upload a rather small website (about 8 pages) over a 100Base-T switched network environment.

Further to this, I then did a little digging and found that -ANY- time that My PC (now running Win XP Pro and has been for a while) needed to connect/request data from the server(now running SME 5.12), there was outbound activity (LED on the cable-modem).

This included the use of FTP, or accessing any of the ibays.

The local IP of the server is 192.168.1.1, the IP of the PC (served up through DHCP from the SME server) is 192.198.1.65 and the PC is definitely part of the domain as I am using roaming profiles.

I have checked over the server config and it all seems to be in order...

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm about ready to rip out XP and go back to Win 2K Pro.

Thanks,
Ari

Ari

Re: Outbound activity on local requests...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 02:43:41 AM »
Well... that was pretty freaky... I switched back to Win 2K and guess what? Yep. Same problem.

So after hours of scouring and trying to find the problem in the server, I wound up doing a complete fresh re-install and lo-and-behold, the problem is now gone.

Wish I knew what the heck caused it...

Ari

Ari

Re: Outbound activity on local requests...
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2002, 12:47:18 AM »