Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Release date for 3.0, support for Outlook Express?

Daniel de Young

Release date for 3.0, support for Outlook Express?
« on: July 02, 1999, 03:48:27 PM »
Hey Guys!!  Is it still looking like July for the next version??  My boss is whining about an e-mail server and I'm trying to stall him until your product has the functionality we need :)

Any known bugs for using Outlook Express as a client??

Thanks for a great product!

Daniel

Kim Morrison

Re: Release date for 3.0, support for Outlook Expr
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 1999, 06:24:24 PM »
Hi Daniel!  The end of July is still looking great - so keep stalling that whiney boss!  As for Outlook Express, we haven't heard of anyone having problems.   The v3.0 distribution is coming along great - we're really excited about the new architecture and functionality!   Thanks for posting!

Jeraimee Hughes

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 1999, 08:42:57 PM »
E-mail clients,

Correct me if I'm wrong... but... I've had NO problems with ANY client-side e-mail software, Netscape, Outlook, fetchmail, etc... no problems. As a matter of fact my personal e-smith server has managed to take 3 power outages (without the UPS) and no monitor/kb/mouse like a champ. Just thought I'd pop back in a praise... maybe we can get a v.3 update? :)

Kim Morrison

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 1999, 12:18:48 AM »
Hi Jeraimee!  Development efforts on the e-smith server v3.0:   We've successfully transitioned to Red Hat 6.0 and we have openLDAP working beautifully.  We're currently updating the config file generation code - now based on the Perl Text::Template module rather than the current c++ code (thanks to Charlie Brady from Australia for helping us with this).  We've also dropped wu-ftpd in favor of proftpd, which is more secure.  Other features have been designed and we're still on track for getting them done on time.