Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Installing contrib RPMS

Adam

Installing contrib RPMS
« on: June 19, 2001, 01:26:26 AM »
Anybody know how to install contrib rpms. To be honest I am a newbie and I am unfamiliar with using rpm at the command line. The rpm I am trying to install is fran boons phpmyadmin rpm. I downloaded it with lynx and saved it locally after I went to the shell prompt. Now When I do rpm -install   e-smith-phpmyadmin-0.2-3.src.rpm   nothing happens. I am completely over my head. I would like to eventtually install phpnuke on this system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steve l.

Re: Installing contrib RPMS
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2001, 08:30:05 AM »
I don't have any install contrib help. I have only installed the Internet Jukebox RPM which had a great how-to.

I use MyPhpNuke which is a little different than Nuke, easier to install, uses an install script. Navigate to www.myphpnuke.com and download the latest release.

phpMyAdmin is very easy to install in the non e-smith RPM version. MyPhpNuke site may have a copy there also.

For any questions about mySql concerning the command line and e-smith, search the forums for posts by Dan Brown. His advice concerning mySql and e-smith have been consistantly correct. Some of the others are not so reliable.

Timothée Bastin

Re: Installing contrib RPMS
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2001, 05:12:33 PM »
I think you should search for the rpm manpages.

you have to type this at the command line:

rpm -ivh [packetname or http/ftp address]

so, it should be something like this:

rpm -ivh e-smith-phpmyadmin-0.2-3.noarch.rpm

you  need to use the noarch rpm instead of the source file.

hope this helped you out,

Timothée