Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

upgrading imp?

zac

upgrading imp?
« on: February 08, 2001, 11:10:26 AM »
hi,

i've downloaded the rpm's for horde 1.2.4 and imp 2.2.4. my question: is there anything i should be aware of/should do, alongside a normal rpm upgrade?

zac

Dan Brown

Re: upgrading imp?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2001, 02:02:07 AM »
If you're intending to install on 4.0x, the standard RPMs won't work, as they want to install files in /home/httpd, while e-smith wants web files in /home/e-smith/files/primary/html.  I suggest you wait for the release of e-smith 4.1, which will include IMP 2.2.4.

zac

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2001, 03:01:35 AM »
i kind of figured this might be the case. no harm in being hopeful ;) .. a question pops to mind: will there be some method of upgrading, to 4.1, or is it a case of backup/reinstall?

zac

Jason Miller

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2001, 01:21:40 AM »
There is an upgrade feature now standard in e-smith 4.1 (it was there in 4.0 but undocumented).  

When you are about to install 4.1, there is an option screen to do one of three things:

1. install
2. install with software RAID support
3. upgrade

Make sure you still do a backup before you do the upgrade, just standard procedure for safety sake, and then let the upgrade do its work for you.

Bear in mind, the upgrade takes a little longer than the installation as its doing much more work.

Enjoy.

Jason