Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

4.1b3 iso doesn't boot!

Engelmann

4.1b3 iso doesn't boot!
« on: January 20, 2001, 02:36:22 PM »
Hi,
i downloaded the beta3 iso and burned my cd (like always...) but the cd hangs after having detercted a 1.44MB floppy emulation. So i downloaded (under updates) the new boot.img and created a floppy disk. This one boots ok but the installation stops the 1st time the cd is contacted with this error:

install exited abnormally -- recieved signal 11
                                                                sending termination signals...done
                                                                                                                sending kill signals...done
                                    disabling swap...
                                                      ...........................
is my iso broken (i burned about 4 cd's with different software...)?

thx engelmann

John Sadie

Re: 4.1b3 iso doesn't boot!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2001, 02:43:26 PM »
My ISO booted and installed fine. Still seems to be a problem connecting to x.x.x.x/e-smith-manager though.

Dan Slagle

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2001, 02:19:25 PM »
>seems to be a problem connecting to x.x.x.x/e-smith-manager

I had the same problem.  No matter what I did I could not connect to the http manager.  The local Lynx one worked fine.

I unloaded the box, loaded 4.01, then upgraded, and it ran like a champ.  Thinking it was the upgrade.  I did a fresh install of the beta and the problem did not show itself again. ??????

v1s

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2001, 01:44:27 PM »
I found that it was bad sectors on the harddrive...

I was haveing same problem slaped in new HD and everything worked