Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Hacking Webmin

Kenneth Kowalsky

Hacking Webmin
« on: November 02, 2000, 07:46:05 PM »
Hello,

I have been looking at the webmin concept for quite some time now. I felt that it Is possbile to 'hack' webmin apart and make it work with the e-smith system. It could be sort-of an advanced control panel.

I have recevied some emails from e-smith users and I haven't had time to reply so I am posting this.
I would like to create two distro's of the e-smith advanced control panel. One would be for the everyday admin with his workgroup lan, the other would be for an ISP (for example; I run a free email server on e-smith, http://www.linuxpro.yi.org ) I choose this because I feel the needs for these groups are different; but please feel free to suggest...
Please tell me what you find useful in webmin, as I have come up with this small list on my own:

---The Regular Users Functions -------

1. Quotas
2. mySQL web-based admin
3. postgresSQL wba
4. java file manager

---- ISP tools ------

1.Fancy User Manager
2. quotas
3. mail admin -for qmail
4. vhosts admin
5. nfs admin
6. ??

Thanks for your Time, and please contribute;

Kenneth A. Kowalsky

[e-smith: could you point me to some documents about the exact setup of your templates - I've seen the webpages but the don't have enough detail]

Thomas

Could you please ...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2000, 12:39:36 AM »
include in the ISP-Section also the mysql-admin?
I would need it if running something with it.

I could also help a bit, if needed.
Not too much time but a bit is always free :-).

Thomas

Kenneth

RE: Could you please ...
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2000, 07:11:19 AM »
Thomas,

No problem :) I like the mySQL admin (I think it could remain somewhat intact and still work well on the e-smith system)

Thanks for the offer to help, I will take you up on it one day...

Kenneth