Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Virtual Email

Jack

Virtual Email
« on: June 27, 2000, 06:40:30 PM »
Does E-Smith 4.0 allow for virtual email addresses or just virtual domains. I thought I saw somewhere that you could use 1 email per virtual domain?

Van Hoeserlande Eddy

RE: Virtual Email
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2000, 08:41:58 PM »
There is discussion going on some where further in this list, check it out!!!Jack wrote:

> Does E-Smith 4.0 allow for virtual email addresses or just
> virtual domains. I thought I saw somewhere that you could use 1
> email per virtual domain?

Van Hoeserlande Eddy

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2000, 03:00:58 AM »
you know now that I was searching for a virtual maildomain solution? I've found something to combine virtual maildomains with E-smith! Maybe, you q-mail gurus will say: 'pfff, that was easy'. But, I didn't found it on the mailing list so, ..., here it is! Please let me know what you think about it!

1. Add domainname plus a ':', plus 'alias' (eg bsys.be:alias) to /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file
2. Delete domainname in /var/qmail/control/locals file
3. Add user@domainname plus a ':', plus the name of the user who should receive the mail (that user was created with E-smith) to /etc/aliases file, eg: info@bsys.be:infobs . Now we can add as much info@whateverdomainnames as we want!!! Do the same for other users in that domain!!
4. Execute /var/qmail/bin/newaliases
5. Do a kill -HUP of the qmail-send process

Voila!!!!

The next thing I should do is start automating it in one of the E-smith perl scripts!

Eddy,

Charlie Brady

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2000, 03:43:51 AM »
Van Hoeserlande Eddy wrote:

> Maybe, you q-mail gurus will say: 'pfff, that was
> easy'.

Yep, I'll do that. Yes, that is the easy bit - it's integrating the full virtual domains (and mailing lists) into the user interface which is the hard bit.

regards

Charlie