Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Add single IP's to SMTP check rules?

pk

Add single IP's to SMTP check rules?
« on: June 02, 2002, 09:46:05 PM »
Hi all,

I have been battling with sme as a mail server. I have read many threads and tried Nathans popb4smtp, but I am still having problems.

I am using SME only as an email/webserver. The computer is not connected to my network, although, the SME server is set in gateway/server mode to which I have a pc connected to the internal NIC for configuration reasons and a direct connect to the internet on the external NIC.

What I would like to do is add the single IP's (there are 3 of them on different networks and not a subnet worth) that are allowed to relay through my server, but not make them local networks, as you can do in the control panel.

I believe I can do this with the smtp_check_rules file, however, I don't want to mess with the settings with out asking.... :)

By the way, the smtp_check_rules file warns to change the template...what template is it and where is it found?

Thanks
Paul

Nathan Fowler

Re: Add single IP's to SMTP check rules?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2002, 11:46:39 PM »
pk, don't give up on POP-before-SMTP quite yet.  Ensure you have the new version of the code that fixes some issues with LogRotate...

Nathan