Contribs.org Forums > General Discussion

Recommendation for ERP / Accounting Software

<< < (3/4) > >>

TTown:
I just installed frontaccounting. It actually went pretty smoothly with the exception of the mysql database user. During the installation I had to give him all rights, not just for his own database. I removed the global rights after the installation and played with it for a bit. No problems so far.

How I did it? (ok, this outlines my second try - the first try had smesitemaker create the database user and failed with some database access problems...)
1) created a site with smesitemaker (all settings default) and removed index.htm
2) untared the .tgz file to its rightfull place (myserverip.com/front) (=/opt/front/)
3) browsed to myserverip.com/front/install
4) chowned www:www some (5) directories the installer complained about being unwritable
5) used phpMyAdmin to create a user "somename" with all rights to a database "somename" - I did for the setup have to give him some extra global rights. Since I didn't know which I gave him all and took them away again after the installation.
6) changed password for admin
Bingo

Good luck
Stefan

P.s.: I also tried NolaPro but couldn't make it run. I completely failed when I tried putting it in an ibay. Using smesitemaker I got stuck at one last (?) hurdle: It needed a certain php setting I just couldn't make work (register_long_arrays on)

imcintyre:
I tried setting it up in an ibay and doing the manual set up. Never used sme sitemaker before but I will give it a try. Thx for the reply and suggestion.
Ian

Worked great, my problem was that I downloaded the zip file, not the tar file. Although it says they are platform independent, they don't contain the same info or perhaps the download went wrong.

Thx again

imcintyre:
Found this in another post

http://www.phreebooks.com/

Bud:
Installed fa2rc2 and all works perfectly. Using SME 7.3

I cannot seem to Create a New Company with the "en_USE-new.sql"
I keep getting a " Error creating Database: newcompany, Please create it manually "
I have Created my New Company (newcompany) using phpmyadmin and a User with all Rights to the Database. Still it says the Same thing " Error creating Database: newcompany, Please create it manually "

Any Help Greatly Appreciated  :P

Bud:
No Problem got it Working.

All Ok

Long Live SME  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version