Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

VMware Server 1.04 on SME 7.x failed in cause auf missing files ...

Offline klombie

• +0/-0
Hi there,

I just wanted to reinstall my vmware-server running on SME 7.x. I tried to use the HowTo from Sonora http://www.sonoracomm.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=116&Itemid=32 but the link for the SME integration failed. I googled the problem for with no positive result.

I need the following package: smeserver-vmware-server-0.0.1-4.el4.sme.noarch.rpm

Has anybody this file in his personal backup ... Please help me ...

Thx,

Klombie

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: VMware Server 1.04 on SME 7.x failed in cause auf missing files ...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 07:27:37 PM »
I just wanted to reinstall my vmware-server running on SME 7.x.

Please note the topic of this forum:

Discussion of the use of *ONLY* the components and features included on the SME Server 7.x CD.

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »
Please note the topic of this forum:

Discussion of the use of *ONLY* the components and features included on the SME Server 7.x CD.
Perhaps you or a moderator can move this topic to the proper forum.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline klombie

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 07:42:02 PM »
Sorry,

my failure - reading and thinking before posting could be an advantage (german proverb) ... please move this posting to "General Diskussion" or something else ...

Thx,

Klombie

Offline byte

• +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »
Moving this topic to the SME Server 7.x  contribs forum, it is more appropriate there. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 02:48:19 PM by byte »
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 08:00:57 PM »
I need the following package: smeserver-vmware-server-0.0.1-4.el4.sme.noarch.rpm

Has anybody this file in his personal backup ... Please help me ...
Somehow it seems to be removed from the smedev repository.

I quickly build it from the SME Server source tree, no warranties what-so-ever. But you can find a copy here.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline slords

• +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »
smedev repo is just that.  A DEVELOPMENT repo.  Nothing should be pointing there.  We are in the process of putting a new buildsystem in place.  Part of this cleanup was to remove packages from the repos that aren't setup to build against the new system.  The only packages that are setup this way currently are the ones necessary to run sme.

Another part of this system is that contribs that are maintained and built on the new system should end up in smecontribs repo.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook

Offline klombie

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 07:51:10 AM »
@cactus: Many Thx for you immediate help ...

Klombie