Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Multiple Web Page. How To?

jefferygarrett

Multiple Web Page. How To?
« on: June 23, 2007, 11:15:26 PM »
Yes Is there a way to install multiple web pages with differnet domain names on the same install of sme? if so please tell me how..

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: Multiple Web Page. How To?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 12:00:53 AM »
jefferygarrett

Sounds like you have not read the manual as that is explained there.
http://wiki.contribs.org/Main_Page

See the Domains panel in server manager.
Create different ibays for each site/domain.

Note there is also good reason to put web sites into /opt (eg added security & protection from end users doing silly things, search the forums on this), although the practicality of that really depends on your individual requrements eg whether other people need to access and update the site files (which is easily done in ibays & not so easily done in /opt).

jefferygarrett

Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 03:50:38 AM »
Thank you for the information.. I figured out... it works great i now have three web sites up and running.. Thank you. :lol:

jefferygarrett

Manual
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 03:52:46 AM »
When will the new manual for SME SERVER 7.1 Be released in PDF form.. i would like to download it and print and have it bound like i did with 6.0.1 8)

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: Manual
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 04:45:17 AM »
jefferygarrett

Look a little harder !

Display the required manual, and at the top you see a link to display all of the chapters on one page, select that.
eg
http://wiki.contribs.org/SME_Server:Documentation:Administration_Manual:Booklet

Then at the left in the Tool box panel select printable version.

Note the Developer manual single page is in html format only & doesn't have a printable version link.
Also the Howto's are printable one at a time.

Start printing

Keep in mind the manuals are not static, they are constantly being added to & improved, so the online wiki versions will always be the most current.