Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

MAJOR webmail problems :(

spook

« on: February 07, 2006, 07:55:47 PM »
I had some problems with the webmail on my SME server. Webmail access was enabled, but I kept getting "403 - Forbidden" when trying to access it, from both my local network and the rest of the net. Http or Https made no difference.

Then I tried updating the server using the software manager. The result? Check out http://Http://www.gutaarn.dk/webmail.

I'd say it looks pretty damn bad.

Ant suggestions you guys may have are welcome.

Offline smeghead

• +0/-0
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 08:39:44 PM »
.. get the Horde 3.0 upgrade script (thanks to John Bennett) & revel in the goodness :-)

Installed it a few times now and it seems very good.

HTH

spook

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 08:06:52 AM »
Ehm... I'm running 7.0Pre1 (forgot to post that, sorry), Is there an upgrade script for that too?

39 views and 1 reply... Where have all the smart ones gone?  :-D

Offline smeghead

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 05:21:45 PM »
.. doesn't look like John had done a V7.x script so maybe try using the install ISO/CD to do an upgrade of the server; fingers crossed.

Of course trawling through the logs may help and/or installing onto a spare box and doing the compare/contrast routine may also be of use.

HTH

BTW - some of us are just over opinionated and not that smart, just think of Homer (as in Simpson not philosopher) and you'd be close  :-D  ;-)

Offline smeghead

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 05:28:57 PM »
.. with a bit more pondering try the old /sbin/e-smith/signal-event ibay-modify to reset the ibay perms.

Ultimately try:

/etc/e-smith/events/actions/conf-horde-startup
/etc/e-smith/events/actions/conf-turba-startup
/etc/init.d/mysql.init
/etc/init.d/mysqld restart

If that doesn't work, try adding

/sbin/e-smith/signal-event post-upgrade
/sbin/e-smith/signal-event reboot

If none of this works then I'm outta ideas :-(

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 07:18:52 PM »
Quote from: "spook"
Ehm... I'm running 7.0Pre1
... Where have all the smart ones gone?

To the Bug Tracker.

As you'll find written here dozens (hundred?) of times now - any problems at all that you see with test releases should be reported in the Bug Tracker.

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 07:21:44 PM »
Quote from: "smeghead"
.. with a bit more pondering try the old /sbin/e-smith/signal-event ibay-modify to reset the ibay perms.

Webmail doesn't have anything to do with i-bays.

If none of this works then I'm outta ideas :-(

You've been around long enough to know the correct answer - if something's broken, tell the developers about it - via the Bug Tracker.

spook

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 07:53:50 PM »
Hehe, okay, I'll go post it in the bug tracker :)

I'll try Smegheads suggestions, things can't get much worse!

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 02:33:59 AM »
.. doesn't look like John had done a V7.x script so maybe try using the install ISO/CD to do an upgrade of the server; fingers crossed.

Of course trawling through the logs may help and/or installing onto a spare box and doing the compare/contrast routine may also be of use.

HTH

BTW - some of us are just over opinionated and not that smart, just think of Homer (as in Simpson not philosopher) and you'd be close  :-D  ;-)

I removed the script I had 7.0.  I hope to try to piggy back off of Greg's work that he has done for 7.0 when I get more time.  For those of you running horde 3 on 6.x, you do know that there will be some issues on an upgrade.  Mainly the templates, since I didn't do very much of that in my script.  There are some templates that will clash with the ones on 7.0  Haven't fully tested this, but I did have some issues.  Also 7.0 installs horde,imp,turba,ingo only.  Greg also has WIP RPM's of the other modules as well.

JB

Pacjack

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 08:55:12 PM »

Ultimately try:

May be off-topic but those fixed my webmail on SME Server 6.0.1 (wich was displaying some text and code instead of a working horde).

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 09:26:06 PM »
Quote from: "Pacjack"

Ultimately try:

May be off-topic but those fixed my webmail (wich was displaying some text and code instead of a working horde).

Those commands don't exist in 7.0, so can't fix any webmail problems in 7.0. As stated previously, any 7.0 problems should be reported in the Bug Tracker.