Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SME server with mp3 playback

Hornox

« on: April 12, 2005, 08:41:57 AM »
Hello,

I LOVE sme server! There is just one thing missing: mp3 playback. Of course it´s a server an so not designed to play mp3´s, I know that.
I have added netjuke and it works perfectly. Great stuff! But the one thing i would like to change is local playback. There is a soundblaster PCI card in my server and if i use phpsysinfo i can see that it is reconized by sme server. Next step would be to install mpg123 (or mpg321) but i cant get it to work. I have been using google for several hours now but i just can´t find anything useful! I have tried several rpm´s but i get stuck on dependancies every time.

Tips, hints anyone?
Thanx!

Offline stefan24

• +0/-0
    • www.sme-server.de
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 10:19:10 AM »
Hi!

I managed it on several servers with these RPMs:

libao-0.8.2-2.i386.rpm
    libogg-1.0rc3-1.i386.rpm
    libogg-devel-1.0rc3-1.i386.rpm
    libvorbis-1.0rc3-1.i386.rpm
    libvorbis-devel-1.0rc3-1.i386.rpm
    aumix-2.7-8.i386.rpm
    awesfx-0.4.3a-8.i386.rpm
    isapnptools-1.17-0.1.i386.rpm
    sox-12.17.3-4.i386.rpm
    sox-devel-12.17.3-4.i386.rpm
    sndconfig-0.68-1.i386.rpm
    mpg321-0.2.9-3.i386.rpm

Just start sndconfig after installing all of these packages.

Hornox

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 11:33:23 AM »
Okay! I´ll try that tonight. Any idea on a good site to find these rpm´s? (www.rpmseek.com??) And do these standard rpm´s work with SME? The directory structure is different with SME thats why i wonder. I suppose the RedHat rpm´s will work fine?

Hornox

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 07:37:31 PM »
Stefan,

I have installed your list of rpm's. No problems there. Thanks for the list! Sndconfig works but i cant hear the test sound. Don't know why. I have checked the cables, stereo etc a couple of times but nothings wrong with that. Any ideas anyone?

Hornox

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 08:15:21 PM »
UPDATE:

This sounds odd to me:

Playing MPEG stream from 01 Taxman.mp3 ...
MPEG 1.0 layer III, 192 kbit/s, 44100 Hz joint-stereo
Can't find a suitable libao driver. (Is device in use?)

Suggestions anyone??

Offline stefan24

• +0/-0
    • www.sme-server.de
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 09:33:28 PM »
Hi Hornox,

sndconfig should definitely play a sound ("Hello, this is ..."), when it is configured correctly. Does it detect a sound card?

I just tried it to play a MP3 with my production server and I got the same error as you.
On my test server, where the sample works, I investigated a bit more and found that I forgot to include a "-o alsa" to tell mpg321, which output it should use. Try also some other values for "-g volume":

Code: [Select]
mpg321 -g 75 -o alsa file.mp3

Hornox

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 09:00:57 AM »
Stefan,

Thanx again! My server is now playing mp3´s. There´s some finetuning to be doen though. The volume is very, very low. The "-g" option does not help. I´ll try some more. Also the mpg321 player does not seem to work with netjuke. But that´s getting offtopic. I´ll have to do some more testing i guess. Anyway: it does play mp3´s now! Stefan: thanx!!

blox

Server Playback - MPD
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 08:27:20 AM »
Try this:

http://mpd.24oz.com/netjuke-mpd.html

I'm running it and it works just fine (apart from some minor glitches).

Hornox

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 09:08:31 PM »
blox,

Thanx for the hint! Looks really nice. Is there an RPM available for SME server that will work? The source code   sounds nice but i will need an compiler to do the "make". So i prefer an RPM. I have tried a couple but i get caught up in lots an lots of dependancies.

Could you give a short description of how to get this working? Netjuke is already up and running here. Problem is that it will just keep streaming the music. So no local playback.

Thanx!

Offline Tib

• +0/-0
    • http://www.tibors.net
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 08:42:36 AM »
Hornox

Are you after netjuke or you are running netjuke?

If you are after how to install netjuke go to this link and click on the Howto's and there is a step by step instructiuon on installing netjuke on the SME server ... works great I use it myself.

http://sme.swerts-knudsen.dk/index.html

Tib

Edit: Sorry Hornox I just read your last post that said you had netjuke already installed.

Hornox

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 06:52:45 PM »
Well...

Netjuke works fine!
mpg321 works fine!

But I fail at installing MPD. Does anyone know a good howto or other docs on how to do this?

blox

oh well..
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 02:08:32 PM »
Hornox

Sorry for belated reply.

I have not kept a proper log of how I went about getting this to work, but roughly I seem to recall that I
- downloaded libraries that are listed as prerequisites on mpd's site ( http://www.musicpd.org/install.shtml ), namely zlib and libao - both the runtime as well as development versions (make sure to get the Redhat 7.3 versions of them)
HINT: www.rpmseek.com should have all you need
- installed the libraries
- downloaded from contribs.org compiler/required dependencies (searching the forums should come up with some links
- Installed those files
- Downloaded the mpd source
- compiled it, installed it and it worked (I did not compile with flac/ogg etc support though because I did not need it)

I _MAY_ still have the libraries on my server - leave a note here with your email address if you want them.

rgds
-- Blox

jerryh

mpg321 installation
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 07:55:48 PM »
I've managed to install Netjuke which works across the network, and have now installed mpg321 with all the asked for dependencies.

Unfortunately I seem to have 2 problems. (at tyhe moment)

1.  When I goto the admin and set the directory for the mpg321 it says file not found.

2. My audigy sound card is detected on boot.
    Iinstalled sndconfig to set it up but when I run it it reports
    I am not running a kernel with modular sound enabled.
     Anybody got an idea where I go from here?

Offline william_syd

• +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here.
    • http://www.magicwilly.info
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 12:46:40 PM »
Has this now replace NetJuke ?

http://www.jinzora.com/
Regards,
William

IF I give advise.. It's only if it was me....

jerryh

jinzora
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 01:07:35 PM »
Jinzora has taken over Netjuke, and no longer support it
But i couldn't get Jinzora  to install properly.
It is reported to use a lot more resources, more fancy graphics, more feature rich.

Netjuke works perfectly for me.