Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

address book errors after upgrade

Phil Marasco

address book errors after upgrade
« on: September 18, 2003, 09:30:37 AM »
Hello,
I upgraded to 6.0 beta 3 and when I was checking out all the new toys I saw some things missing. All the addresses my users had stored in the address book (turba?) are now missing. When I try to add a new address I get the following error:
"There was an error adding this object Please contact your administrator."

I searched the e-smith and the horde forums without any luck. I did find a fix that didn't work. the fix was the following:

CREATE TABLE horde.turba_objects (object_id varchar(32) PRIMARY KEY,owner_id  varchar(255),object_name varchar(255),object_alias varchar(32),object_email  varchar(255),object_homeAddress varchar(255),object_workAddress  varchar(255),object_homePhone varchar(25),object_workPhone  varchar(25),object_cellPhone varchar(25),object_fax varchar(25),object_title  varchar(32), object_company  varchar(32),object_notes text);

which I did but the database returned the following:
ERROR 1050: Table 'turba_objects' already exists

Any Ideas?
Thanks
-Phil

Dan Brown

Re: address book errors after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 05:01:19 PM »
Any errors will probably be logged in /var/log/messages; it'd be good to look there and see what you can find.  This should probably be reported to smebugs@mitel.com, though, as it sounds like it may be a bug in the install/upgrade (and I don't recall seeing it previously).

Had you done anything custom to your MySQL installation prior to the upgrade?

Phil

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 07:39:25 PM »
I did not make any changes to MySql besides installing php-project a few months ago but it made the changes to its own table, I thought.  I don't even know how to check that. here is the error from /var/log/messages:
[turba] DB Error: no such field: INSERT INTO tu
rba_objects (object_name, object_email, object_title, object_company, object_hom
ephone, object_workphone, object_cellphone, object_fax, object_homeaddress, obje
ct_workaddress, object_notes, owner_id, object_id, object_type) VALUES ('Allison
', 'allison@dgownby.com ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'vanessa@otherema
il.com', '023cada28546bfe463ce9c9efef628ea', 'Object') [nativecode=Unknown colum
n 'object_type' in 'field list'] [on line 41 of "/hom

Dan Brown wrote:
>
> Any errors will probably be logged in /var/log/messages; it'd
> be good to look there and see what you can find.  This should
> probably be reported to smebugs@mitel.com, though, as it
> sounds like it may be a bug in the install/upgrade (and I
> don't recall seeing it previously).
>
> Had you done anything custom to your MySQL installation prior
> to the upgrade?

Dan Brown

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 08:48:31 PM »
OK, in that case, do this:

[root@e-smith dan]# cd /home/httpd/html/horde/turba/scripts/drivers/
[root@e-smith dan]#  mysql horde < mysql_upgrade_1.1_to_1.2.sql

...which should fix your problem.  And send a note to smebugs@mitel.com with a description of the problem, the log entry, and the fix.

Phil Marasco

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 07:54:42 AM »
Excellent that did the trick! thank youvery much.  Now if I could figure out how to restore ssmtp/pop3 to my dialup users.....
Again, thank you very much
-Phil